Old 09-22-2006   #91
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
PSU - OSU Coaching Matchup

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #92
Bugtussle, Kentucky
Gators are going down on saturday!! Kentucky is going to help out the rest of the SEC by giving those Florida boys a bagel. And then I woke up, had some coffee, and returned to reality...

Steve Z, not too hijack this wonderful thread with bball talk, but I hope we meet up in the NCAA's this year. We owe you one.

bjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #93
salida, Colorado
Andy H.
JoePa likes "scotch easy on the rocks" My buddies and I drank a few with him at the Nittany Lion Inn. I like the quote about the mafia intimidation.
But like I said we get it he's old... but what will most of us being doing at 80, probably wearing depends looking for our teeth.
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #94
Vail, Colorado
I can appriciate that you want some pay backs for a loss and I invite it. Challenges are good especially when emotions are involed. Now back to FOOTBALL!

Any major predictions for the weekend kids? Mine are as follows:

1. Wisconsin will hang for the first half then get a beat down, the big house is a tough place to play..... Go badgers

2. Iowa will lay a beating on Illinois and enable them to have the momentum to take on the #1 team in the nation at home.... GO HAWKS

3. Colorado, love 'em have money invested in their program/criminal activities from being a student, will get a serious beat down by Georgia scoring over 50 points this game against an unworthy team inthe Buffs.....Go BUFFS

4. Penn State will attempt to stay in this game and run off the emotions from last year and attempt to kick start JOE Pa's heart and get him among the living again but Ginn will sneak past everyone for the bombs he is so infamous for and run all over them. BUT! Big Ten is Big Ten and anything can happen so I am not counting anyone out..... Go Ohio State, Hawks want to at home ranked #1

Good luck to all
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #95
salida, Colorado
Plenty of emotion....Come On State...
Zizzou: I hear ya wanting them Buckeyes to still be undeafted but I hope not. But if they are...GO IOWA!!!
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #96
The Mont, Colorado

GO BIG RED !!!!!

Give it up for the the Cream and Crimson !!!!
Bobby Whitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #97
Gnarnia, Colorado
From this morning:

Last weekend was not a good one if you are a fan of the Big 12. The conference was 0-5 in nonconference games against other BCS schools. In other games, Texas A&M needed a goal-line stand at the Alamodome to beat Army, and I was surprised to see Texas Tech so ineffective against TCU. It was a great win for the Horned Frogs (who are 2-0 vs. the Big 12 this year) and it just goes to show that a really good defense is usually going to shut down a really good offense.

The ACC has a lot riding on Boston College and Virginia Tech. Wake Forest (3-0) has been a feel-good story, but there are several schools right now that are struggling. I was impressed with Clemson going into Florida State and winning, but FSU and Miami are not near the powerhouses they used to be.

The ACC needs to send a thank-you note to Big East for sending them BC and Virginia Tech. Where would that conference be right now without those two schools?

The Big 12 and ACC, at least to this point, are usually in the discussion about the country's best conferences; however, after three weeks of the season, you can't talk about either. In fact, the Big East is playing better as a conference than the ACC.

The best action in Saturday's Colorado-Georgia game might take place before kickoff. It will be worth the price of admission to get there early and watch two of the nation's best kickers, CU's Mason Crosby and Georgia's Brandon Coutu, launch field-goal attempts from long range during warm-ups.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #98
Boulder, Colorado
Game time

Well it's game time in Athens and some of the UGA fans are still making there way to the stadium.

possumturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #99
Boulder, Colorado
cu vs uga

Believe me I have no illusions about how this game will end. But I am going to enjoy it whill I can.

But the shut out streak is over and Ralphie has taken a half from the mighty dogs!

2 earned 1st downs in the first half?

if only temporarily............ they are stunned in Athens.

possumturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #100
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Is the fat lady warming up?

rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote