Old 10-15-2008   #1
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
No comments on the last debate?

Maybe everyone is figuring out how to freeze beer?

benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The pundits on MSM seemed to think it was McCain's best yet I thought Obama won semi-decisively.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #3
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
So when is the ass kicking going to start?
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #4
A few quick thoughts:

Is McSame/Failin trying to wrap up the Joe vote?
"Joe Six Pack" "Joe the Plumber" "Can I call you Joe?"
Was Joe the Plumber home watching the debate with a six pack?

Obama missed a couple good points:
On the tight budget he should of mentioned the savings from ending the Cheney/Bush war with Iraq.
I do not think Iraq was mentioned by either.
Second, in a healthcare discussion, why not tie the lack of healthcare to the foreclosure problem,
an estimated 40-50% of foreclosures are tied to uninsured medical expenses.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #5
Golden, Colorado
I'm over this sh!t. Someone please let me know if it was worth watching. I have it tivoed just in case McCain and Obama decided to pull their heads out of their asses.

I heard Bob Barr held a counter debate at the same time where he would actually answer the questions that were asked. Did anyone catch that?
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #6
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
My wife & I boycotted "debate" #3. Just couldn't stand the idea of one more round of candidate dodgeball. I hear that McCain was stronger than the previous two, but sneering & snarky in his tone. Personally, I'm waiting for the Daily Show tonight for some infotainment.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #7
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
I turned it off early.

By the way, how does Joe the Plumber make 250K a year, and why should I have any f***ing sympathy for him that he does?
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #8
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
If "Joe the Plumber" is making $250K per, then I feel much better about all the "quality" time I have spent in my nasty crawlspace dealing with plumbing "issues."

Why aren't the candidates talking about Josephine the Six Pack Plumber/Hockey Mom/post-op tranny? Where's the compassion for him/her?
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #9
Denver, Colorado
About Joe the plumber: On a morning show Joe admitted he didn't make 250k/yr. He admitted he wasn't "undecided". His father gives heavily to a Republican PAC. And to top it off, it is being reported on Huffington that he isn't even registered to vote.

Why is this guy a story?

About Barr, the guy is a jackass. Talk about misguided government? He is the one who led the impeachment attack on Clinton.
"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #10
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
'Joe the plumber' said that Obama's tax plan would not raise taxes on him, but he is afraid that the $250K threshold would change.

HELLO! No matter who wins, someone, at sometime, will have to wrestle the debt spending down. So even if McCain won, you will still have to worry about that. And we are back to the land of the afraids. Sounds like a republican to me.

I half watched and half surfed for wheels for our A6 on ebay at the same time. I lost out on sweet 'fat five' wheels I was going for, but I caught enough of McCain's facial tics and antics to say he lost the anger management award. He would constantly interrupt Obama, like how my 6 year old will interrupt when ever. McCain came off like an angry old man, once again. He was more forceful and I am sure his base will be happy. But if anything, he will have put off more independents with his angry old man routine and his answers to the woman's question. He sneered when he accused Obama for voting against medical help for a failed abortion and when he said that allowing an abortion when a woman's health is in danger is the radical pro-choice view. Obama countered that there was already a law on the books that required medical help for failed abortion. So the only new thing the new law did was restrict a woman right to have an abortion if her health was in danger.

I agree Obama was playing it safe and can you blame him? No reason to give the attack dogs anything to tear into him with a lose comment. The fact that he stayed calm and collected under fire is a good thing. No need for a hothead at the trigger in this job application!

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote