Old 07-20-2006   #11
There is really cool cat by the name of Dan who is a boater,a long hair AND an attorney. He lives in Howard..can't think of his last name. I'll call my friend and get his last name. I'll post it when I do.

Swimstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #12
not a attorney but set up a state agency program that screens job applicants for criminal histories to work in health care settings. I have seen many cases where an adult criminal records shows up and the affected individual then have it expunged/sealed by the judge. They usually have to go thru an attorney (read $$) for this but sometimes they just contact the court of conviction and receive necessary guidance. I think when a misdemeanor is preventing employment the judge will take that into consideration. I also have had some people go for a governor's pardon to get these things fixed. Not sure how this works in all states and some may be more restrictive than others in granting expungements...but I see alot here in Arkansas.

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #13
pnw, Washington
I am sorry that I stole that pig, your honor...stuff like that?
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #14
Originally Posted by gh
I am sorry that I stole that pig, your honor...stuff like that? was the judge's pig. But, at least we had a good BBQ and party. Not like you Rocky Mtn boys and your sheep.
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #15
You want at least a deferred judgment then you can seal your case! Otherwise their throwing the book at you! Go for a deferred or total dismissel of charges bro.
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #16
The Fort, Colorado
Wasn't the cop on private property? Didn't he need a warrant or probable cause to enter private property? I you get a lawyer maybe that's your best angle to get them to drop it.

Good luck
derito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #17
Alot of BS advice

A few things I can tell you:

If you were arrested, the NCIC database will always show that arrest - a pardon or expungement will not result in removal from that database -

If you are or have been convicted and the court or law enforcement agency sent the appropriate records to the FBI then the conviction will appear on your NCIC record

Each state has different laws with respect to sealing, or expunging records - you will either need to look at the statute in your jurisdiction or get a criminal defense attorney who knows what he is doing -

some folks said "get a different judgement" - if you have been sentenced it is too late - if your case is pending, you have all kinds of options - again depending on the state you live in - you might get a conditional discharge, court supervision, a prosecution diversion program, a deferal etc.....

You need to explain what your goal is and where you are in the process - under and ounce is a misdemeanor or petty misdemeanor in most states and if it is a misdemeanor where you recieved the charge you may not need to worry about it much unless you plan or working in law enforcement, joining the military, getting a federal student loan or working in a private sector job that has a problem with a drug charge then it might not be that big of deal to you -

If you are interested I can give you specific suggestions about how to handle this or who you should talk to - my email is
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #18
I'm a lawyer, but don't kick me in the ass b/c of that!

Rasta -- and anyone else interested -- read latenightjoneser's first post. It's 100% accurate and I can't say it any better.

BTW, a single misdemeanor pos. shouldn't hurt you, unless you're applying to be a police officer, FBI agent, or if you're running for high elected office (no pun intended).

ransark is offline   Reply With Quote