Paddling Since: 2012
https://youtu.be/HnJZ2haLPCw

Good luck guys!
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #53

cedar city, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
Thanks for proving my point. You cited 2 areas one being highly morman and two media outlets of the top 10.
Interesting take. Please tell me which part of the American experience is legitimate. Your universal condemnation of liberal bias was countered with two very real and accurate experiences to the contrary. The only point proven is that neither side has a national choke hold on the media and bias.

You do know by using the top standard that Fox was #1 in cable news for years, right? I mean FOX has the Top 5 most watched news shows in cable this last quarter. So it would seem that would hint a fair amount of bias to the right.

The allegation of universal liberal media bias is a political trope. It's a caricature. As such it doesn't reflect the diverse political landscape of this country. Cable news is often skewed and politically biased. Newspapers have been skewed and biased since inception if the press, but they lean both ways mostly in accordance with the local bias or that of it's customer base.
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #54

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
Not exactly Germaine or a coherent idea to interact with. Logical fallacies undermine logical conversation. And it was accurate to call it out. Why should I try to defend or argue an idea I never presented in the first place. Provides no benefit.

I put no value in such predictions, like the one you postulate. Read my previous comments about dystopian views.

Don't confuse constructively criticizing ideas presented on a public forum with sticking my head in the sand. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Head still in the sand. Just a little deeper now. Dig in 2000, Of course I would find that you will not (not "cannot") find anything of value in a correlation that does not forward your ideas. Liberals can not even except the idea that they can be wrong. I believe you when you say "I put no value in such predictions" as I would not expect Liberals to look into the future as evidence that 2 of 3 educators can not afford to retire. They tend to be liberal. And a doubling the national debt every 8 years is of no concern to liberals. If a liberal tried to look into a future biased on their ideas, they would see a bad future. Therefore liberals will not look into the future. For liberals its all about what can you do for me now! That's no conclusions, that's truth.
Old 08-30-2016   #55

cedar city, Utah
So you must conclude that I am not a liberal since I have openly stated my concern for national debt on this thread. Correct, because that would be the outcome of logical consistency.

You seem to presume alot about my politics based on poorly formed assumptions. I have not presumed the same of yours and will not unless you announce them.

Your argument doesn't hold about the future. There is nothing that can be done about now as it is already here. Everybody I know who is active politically on both sides of the large spectrum cares about the future. They want it to be better. They hope that the experiment that is government creates solutions to our current and past problems. But I am highly skeptical of anybody who claims to know the truth and certainty of most of the future as they tend to be snake oil salesman and false prophets (of every religious and secular variety). They are as valuable to me as campaign promises.
Old 08-31-2016   #56

cedar city, Utah
On a related note, the Washington Post (leans left) just reported a noticeable increase in Hillary's unfavorable polling. Trump has the highest unfavorable rating of any modern presidential candidate and Hillary easily secures second in that category. It also updates polling amongst national demographics and Hillary is showing a noticeable loss of support from Latinos/Hispanics and women.

This race could alter the commonly accepted rules about election success.
Old 08-31-2016   #57
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
Tocqueville said, we get the government we deserve.
This thread proves that adage beyond doubt.
Schutzie didn't think river rats could be racist. No particular reason for thinking that except that he's never encountered in on the river before.
Restrac; stop posting. You and I are agreeing more than disagreeing and the world as we know it will end if that continues.

Whoever is President next year has three key goals;
1) Unify the country. Somehow. Neither candidate is particularly qualified to do that, but never the less, job one is to get us all working together again.
2) Control the debt. In 2008 Obama accused Bush of being "unpatriotic" because the debt had ballooned by $5 TRILLION under Bush's administration. It has ballooned another $10 TRILLION under Obama. We cannot continue. It makes us vulnerable.
3) Recognize that we are at war. We have been since Bin Laden declared war against the west in 1996, and we are loosing. The primary job of this president is to secure our safety. If he (or she) fails at that, nothing else matters.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #58

Nye, Montana
Mattchu has never seen a black person on multiple day trips.

Mattchu infers that all rafters are racist.

Mattchu thinks rafters racist because they choose water sports. There are physiological reasons that blacks don't like water. Mattchu thinks rafters view the river as a safe zone from minorities. It could be subliminal.
Old 08-31-2016   #59
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu View Post
Mattchu has never seen a black person on multiple day trips.

Mattchu infers that all rafters are racist.

Mattchu thinks rafters racist because they choose water sports. There are physiological reasons that blacks don't like water. Mattchu thinks rafters view the river as a safe zone from minorities. It could be subliminal.
You are truly incredible; are you trolling by chance?
I've taken quite a few "black persons" on multi day trips. And sit down, but there are actually "black" guides out there.

You really need to get out more.

Or if that isn't possible, Google Tuskagee Airmen
Then get back to me.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #60

Nye, Montana
Schulze just having a bit of fun.

When my way of thinking is called racist I start to question myself. It got me thinking of rafting. There are VERY few minorities partaking in our sport. Could that be subliminal racism?

Then I think about hunting and hiking in wilderness areas. Visiting national parks. Skiing. Things whites love. Why is that? It's a fact that minorities are the minority when it comes to "our" sports

Could it be because that's where they can get away from "those" people? It's sad. Liberals are usually scared of there own shadow. It is becoming clear to me they they say one thing, yet do another.

Talking in 3rd person is fun. Makes me feel like a native in the old days smoking peyote, plotting the next massacre.