Old 08-11-2011   #1
New York, New York
mobile emissions

Hi all,
just been to europe and found this bagde in a drugstore over in germany - do you know if these badges really help preventing cellphone radiation from hurting your body?
Energy Badge und Ray Guard - Gegen Handystrahlung und Elektrosmog

Thanks Heidy

Heidy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #2
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Yes, Heidy, they do work... but you have to wear like 15 of 'em. Any other questions?

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #3
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I thought they just said on the news that cell phone radiation isnt that bad if you use a hands free piece and dont use the tommyboy sweatband idea to hold it to your head all the time.

Having done recent research on radiation dosing you most likely got more radiation from you flight from Europe to the States than you will in years with your cell phone, unless of course you are glued to it 24/7.

I am also curious how something can protect from radiation dosing that is not in a direct line between the emitting device and the person.
Good luck with it.
Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #4
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by powdahound76 View Post
Having done recent research on radiation dosing you most likely got more radiation from you flight from Europe to the States than you will in years with your cell phone, unless of course you are glued to it 24/7.
Powdahound, I thought the high altitude flights exposed one to radiation like alpha, beta and gamma particles whereas the cell phone emits radio wave radiation, like one would get from standing next to a microwave relay tower like the one on the Pallisades at Squaw Valley, or by having a cell phone against your head emitting enough radio wave energy to talk to a cell tower several miles away. Could you please help us understand the difference in radiation types?

PS - I just found this video explaining the cellphone popcorn hoax.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote