Old 11-07-2006   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Marko for President!!!!!!!!

I've been impressed with Marko's depth of knowledge, research, and fact finding. I have tried to stay out of the buzz political muck, but no more. I think its time to take a stand. Marko for President! Key benefits for boaters would be....

-New national creek boating safety research center
-Gauranteed releases on bailey, gore, ark, SBC, boulder creek by presidential decree
-Grand permits for all who didn't dis him on the mountainbuzz forums
-Gauranteed vacation during peak run-off or rain events depending on where you live
-National science foundation grant to figure out a way to get gear to stop stinking so bad.
-And best of all a parade where all can throw rotten tomatoes at Bush and his ass clowns on their way to be banished to live in Iraq and finally take some consequences for their actions!

Time to rise up people! Marko for President!!!!!!!

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Ha... Now that's funny. I would only run if BastardSonofElvis would be my VP. El Flaco would also be a must on my staff. His statistical analysis and knowledge of graphs and charts is unreal.

And, I would definitely implement the Topless Bikini Girls Act to slow down speeders.

In all seriousness, I am glad I was able to bring some useful knowledge to the table in the last couple of posts. I have only passed other people's empirical knowledge down to you. Understanding and learning about the issues in the Middle East and foreign policy have been an area of focus in my life ever since I decided to call bullcrap on the fear driven campaign of our current gov't.

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #3
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
i like your issues i might write you in on the next ballot.
you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #4
ski/kayak bum
Originally Posted by marko
I have only passed other people's empirical knowledge down to you.......I decided to call bullcrap

yeah just what we all need, more paternal, holier than thou, top to bottom leadership.......

its this arrogant attitude that has us in this mess to begin with.....

I on the other hand will stand up for you, The American Boater!!!!

- this ad has been paid for by 'The American Way Group" "Liberty For All" "White Picket Fences Alliance" and " The Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness Association"
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #5
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I would be a better director of the CIA...or the ATF and DEA! "Hey in the evidence locker!!"

But far be it for me to decline your nomination as vp. Can I still bang interns even though I'm not "the guy"?
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #6
Vail, Colorado
Well we got the House and the Senate is close....... one thing so far to cross off your christmas wish list. Best of luck to you boys over there.
Steve Z
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #7
Bugtussle, Kentucky
Sorry, but you can't keep Rummy around. He's gone...

What took so long?
bjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #8
Vail, Colorado
AHHH, its about frickin' time. Big day for the Dems on capital hill. Lets see if Bush and the GOP can get sh%t passed for their agenda with no controll.
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #9
Seattle, Washington
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I will not vote for marko for prez. Yes, he is well read, smart and a good paddler, but the shit goes down in washington - his current home town - and all I hear is political BS.

Get out and get 'er done like your CO boys know you can! Paddle or die.
I feel for the families affected by the storm and to those who are about to drop, I salutue you.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #10
Denver, Colorado
double-a-ron: You can call it whatever you want... I really don't care. The statement of mine that you quoted was meant to be a humble statement. About as opposite of arrogant as you can get. Also, I didn't exactly like seeing this post. I mean, all I did was write a couple of OP-ED pieces backed up by a some viewpoints of credible "dissidents," which have way more knowledge than I. These sources, BTW, didn't get us into the mess that our world is in today. But, hey, we all have our own perceptions and interpretations...

JOE: You can't boat all day long...well, maybe you can. Also, the sh*t is blown out up here. And, before that it was as dry as the desert. The picture below is Ernies creek near Seattle. The perfect flow for this creek is 700CFS, and this picture is about 13,000CFS. I will be paddling plenty this weekend.

marko is offline   Reply With Quote