Old 09-14-2010   #1
Grand Junction, Colorado

With all this talk about how to fix and how not to fix the economy, I'd like to remind everyone that the real reason why our economy is anemic is that we consume more than we produce as a country. It's simple accounting. Until we address the fundamentals of the US economy, tax rates and other fine tweaking don't matter. We can do this by using natural gas as a transportation fuel instead of oil, and we can protect domestic industries from currency manipulation in China. Does anyone have any thoughts on why none of our politicians have addressed the real problems facing this country?

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #2
pnw, Washington
Yes, there is too much money to be made by selling you goods from China. Golden Rule, people with the gold make the rules. This will continue until people finally get pissed off in numbers that will make a difference in the polls.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #3
Golden, Colorado
Stuff like that gives voters headaches if they even try to comprehend it. It's much easier to vote based on gay marriage and abortion.

Peter Schiff is talking about it. Pray he gets elected to the Senate in Conneticut.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #4
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
If we don't buy China's cheap plastic crap, they won't buy our bonds. If they don't buy our bonds, US government is broke. Hoorah for Schiff!
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote