Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 10-19-2013   #1
Grand Junction, Colorado
"Inequality for All" Streaming Online

Are you having a difficult time getting ahead in life? I know I am! There’s a reason why, and it’s not just a bad economy. Wealth inequality has reached historic highs in the US, and it’s projected to become progressively worse in the future. A leading economist, Robert Risch, Labor Secretary of the Clinton Administration recently produced a movie called, “Inequality for All”. This documentary discusses the massive problems created by wealth inequality, and more importantly, what we can do to change our current path and restore decency, humanity, and living –wage jobs to the US economy. Did you know that 95% of the wealth gains since the end of the Great Recession have gone to the wealthiest 1 percent of the US population? Did you know that 80% percent of the wealth in the US is in the hands of the top 10 percent of the US population? Did you know that the top 1 percent of Americans own 34.6 percent of the wealth? Did you know that the 6 airs to the Walton family fortune (Wal-Mart & Sam’s Club) have more combined wealth than the bottom 43 percent of Americans? Did you know that 400 US families have more wealth than the bottom 53 percent of Americans? Yeah… things are REALLY SCREWED UP in America today! My mother-in-law (she’s a good lady) once said the following, “I don’t want to live in a third world country! I’m surprised that people think that it’s a good idea to pay people poverty wages”. I couldn’t agree more! We’re on a trajectory to third world status via vast income inequality, despite being the wealthiest country on earth. So what do these wealthy families do with the money that they’re rapidly accumulating? Many of them purchase our elected officials, of course!

The crazy thing about our current path is that it doesn't have to be this way! There are many countries where the wealth gap is not nearly as bad as the US that have strong, vibrant economies where people get a square deal in life. We must reclaim the American dream for ALL Americans!

Although this movie is currently showing in movie theaters, I’m afraid my home town of Boise, Idaho has been snubbed. I find this very unfortunate because the reddest of red states need more enlightenment than the blue states where the movie is readily shown in numerous theaters. If you can watch this film at a theater, by all means, please help Dr. Risch to cover his expenses. However, if you live outside of the showing areas, please feel free to watch this Google bootleg of his film. It’s roughly 2 hours long. Thanks for taking the time to read my long invitation note. Please feel free to express your thoughts about the film. The link to the movie can be found below my salutations. Click or copy and paste into your web browser. If you don’t already have a Google email address, you may need to sign up for a Gmail account at gmail.com to view the film.

Warm Regards,

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #2
Grand Junction, Colorado
NEVERMIND, part way through the film, it quit and asked for my credit card. Hopefully there's another way to access the film, but I wouldn't recommend trying this method.

ADMINS: Please delete the post.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote