Old 11-07-2006   #1
Vail, Colorado
In the Spirit of Voting ( :

So, in the spirit of the voting season being apon us (good luck to everyones candidates) I am purposing an ammendment to the buzz. I, being a sole member and looking for supporters, move that we put a ban on people who join the buzz, have nothing to contribute and make feable attempts to insult people are piss them off.

My first nomination, granted this has support from the majority of the community, it to ban Trout_Bobber. After reading a majority of the posts by this person I have come to realize that this person most likely doesn't boat, care about the boating community and is simply bored in his/her own pathetic life and has to create animosity among a tight nit community, such as the buzz, in order to feel like they are a part of something.

You thoughts on this matter anyone??

Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #2
Georgia Moonshine
Is this your feeble attempt to piss me off? :P

Trout_Bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #3
Vail, Colorado
Nope. Just my attempt to do right by the community of the buzz. If I were going to attempt to piss you off I would make you look like an unintelligent fool, but thats not my style.
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Naw- that won't serve much of a purpose. There will always be folks who just like to hear themselves talk; and besides, anyone can pretty much sign on with a different logon and continue to spray what they want. You can be sure that TB is no exception. I do believe he's been booted off BoaterTalk, which is Eric's prerogative, but unless the posts directly violate the user agreement, it's not worth denigrating the 'open forum' nature of the Buzz for the sake of quelling one particularly obnoxious voice. It is a shame that he can't seem to articulate an argument with facts, or even respond to facts with anything besides snide comments or ignorance, but that just serves to show that he doesn't have much of anything to boating, to political discussions, or apparently to banking (seems to be on here all day, hmmm?).

Troll on, Bobber!
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #5
Georgia Moonshine
Flaco, it's not nice to talk about yourself
Old 11-07-2006   #6
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
There is a very effective way to "vote" him off our island: ignore him. If no one ever replied to his posts or even read them, he would again seek greener pastures. When he starts a thread -- don't even indulge your curiosity. When he looks beside his topic and sees that zero buzzards have viewed it, he will be dejected. He'll hang around for a while, defiant, like a bad if to show that we can't shake him that easily. He may even take on a new identity or two, which will be quickly and easily identified -- and consequently ignored. Eventually, he will tire of being a ghost and then...he will crawl under the rock from which he came.

This method is pure democracy in action. No totalitarian wizard behind the curtain pointing to an individual and saying you can't play. Rather, the other players just don't throw him the ball until he goes home to his mommy.

Peace out, cock bobber. This is the last time you will hear my voice directed at you or about you. I suggest other buzzards who are fed up with this..specimen..follow suit.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #7
OK... I bare some blame in this matter too. After seeing all of the political posts yesterday, I decided to share my own political opinion using angry faces. I meant to make a statement in a comical way, but it probably offended a few people. For that I'm sorry. I don't think we can really ban people, but we can make a concerted effort to keep contraversial issues at a minimum.
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #8
Georgia Moonshine
It was pretty boring watching Flaco follow me around. Heck I even told him to quit feeding the troll fer chrissakes
Old 11-07-2006   #9
The best way to handle this is for the Buzz to change the software. Many forums have an "ignore" function. then you put those people on ignore and never get tempted to respond again, because you simply don't see their posts.
sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #10
pnw, Washington
New software coming soon, stay tuned.
It's tougher now that I need to check all threads. I used to just avoid certain threads and have been sucked in a few times but my willpower is getting much better about avoiding the obvious bait.

No totalitarian wizard behind the curtain
Would this be the great and powerful oz?

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote