Old 09-26-2010   #11
The next zone, .
I closed the deal friday AM about 7:30. My legs are still burnin from the 5+ mile uphill hike out... Was able to chase a few great bulls around but when I got a chance at this guy at 25 yds with only 2 days left in the season I could not pass him up.

I also have some huntin left to do as I have a landowner cow tag for the 2nd rifle, and a buck tag for the 3rd season - so it looks like I will be eatin well this winter. Good luck to the rest of ya that still have tags!

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #12
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
nice! my archery tag went unfillled this year. had opportunities each time i was out except this last weekend, but i couldn't close the deal for whatever reason. i have a 1st season rifle hunt still to go. hopefully we'll be able to get into some elk then.

By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #13
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Got my deer opening day of archery but was skunked for elk, with the hot windy weather they just started making noise barely this last weekend where I was hunting. Saw 2 bulls friday morning but with the swirling winds they busted me at about 100yds and they were gone so I have to wait til next year. Hey rdnek what unit were you hunting in?
ccombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #14
The next zone, .
Well the deer got the best of me this year and I it looks like am going to have a big pot of tag soup for dinner tonight.

Saw a bunch of small bucks and some good bucks but no great bucks.. I hunted hard and was able to get out just about every day but the big bucks just gave me the slip!

The area I hunted for elk - is a otc unit in the NW corner of the state.. If I put the unit up on the internets here the rest of the folks I hunt with would tar and feather me ...

So how did the rest of you 2nd season hunter do?

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote

« voting | Schools? »