Old 08-20-2015   #1
Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1990
Hole/Sorry Sammy

I Need to apologize to the Buzz, Andy and Sammy about the post dealing with my nephew being in solitary confinement. I was having a bad day and when I found out it broke my heart but that is no excuse. I
usually regret my late night posts and the next morning and I sure regretted that one. Glad it was pulled down.
If u want to see a gripping documentary on solitary confinement Frontline. look it up and see what we do to people as a society in jail.
Sorry and thank you for letting me be on the buzz.
Must be the drought how here in Ca. making me crazy!!!

Villainista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #2
pnw, Washington
I saw the special. Its messed up. I am sorry about your nephew.

racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015   #3
Solitary confinement is cruel but unfortunately not unusual punishment. Prison reform is needed, but a large segment of our society are increasingly vindictive which makes it a hard sell.
jbolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015   #4
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Skikbum66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015   #5
Fresno, California
if u do the crime u do time but there has not been a trial yet. Innocent until proven guilty. Bail would have been very expensive and we thought that money should be spent on his legal defense. Politics of jail can be difficult to navigate. You do not want to be pushed around so you do crazy things. He is in his mid 20s. Now, do you remember all the crazy illegal stuff you did and were never punished for at that age? 80 days in the hole is a long stretch for a kid who has never been charged with a serious crime in his life until now. But forget all my soft on crime whiney liberal crap.
I hired on this kid at a solar company and within 2 years he was the youngest crew leader at a large multi state company. He had stock options and was probably making 50 k a year. Sky was the limit. He has now gone from a taxpayer to a tax sucker and as a society that costs us allot.
Old 09-20-2015   #6
Fresno, California
kid is out of solitary. Any one want to write him i will give address. Needs letters. just tell him about your favorite river trip. Found god, allochol diversion program. still going to do 5-7 in the pen. Any help would be greatly appreaced.
Thank you