Old 01-07-2009   #231
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
actually hydro im very straight forward if i don't like you im not going to hide about it im from wyoming. and i don't carry a hip pistol i carry 2 fists. you weren't ready to brawl at the poudre race this year i was so i wouldn't say you know what i would do specially when you don't know who the hell i am. show us all where my refuting comment is listed. the wolves would had been all over me. but instead its a lost sheep.

hydro you are lost in your own ego remember you are the one who beleives he is superior. you believe you should be able to take my gun. im not the one wanting to take your freedom. who has the ego?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #232
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Fight! Fight! Fight! How's about we start a new thread called "Yo mama's so fat..."

-Τὸ χόβερκράφτ μου εἶναι γεμᾶτο χέλια!
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #233
um ok

Listen, I could care less; nobody is trying to take your guns..some people just think that gun control is a safer alternative.....enjoy yourself
Hydroholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #234
Bozeman, Montana
are we not controling our guns by locking them up and storing ammo seperate, gun control. how much gun control would you like. i don't know about you but i have taken hunter safety coarses. you know guns also have saftey.

maybe we need more car control. what about the little kids in elementary carjakcing their parents cars and driving to school or to a friends? they can't see over the dash board and could easily kill somebody or do massive damage. do we need more car control?
Old 01-07-2009   #235
timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Wow... I think this is the point where the last cold beer is gone, the whiskey ran out, the fire's nothing but a smoky pit and the women have told us all to fuck off. Might be time to put this thread to bed. Wake up in the morning, make coffee and get behind the oars and save our arguments for another day. It's pretty obvious to me that no one that started out pro-gun is changing their minds and I doubt anyone on the other team is heading to Guns Unlimited anytime soon. Don't forget that we all ended up here because of our common love of water. Relax River Rats.
yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #236
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Yarmony - agreed! When once-reasonable discussion turns into name-calling and tired regurgitation, it's time to take a coupla aspirin and go to bed.
You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #237
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The second ammendment only protects gun ownership from being curtailed by the federal government. It is ambiguous as to whether states have that right or not. If we're doing strict interpretation of the constitution (as we do on virtually every other conservative issue) I say that they do. The ban in D.C. was turned over likely because it was a ban enacted by a federal agency. If D.C. had been the capital of Virginia, the case to overturn the ban would've been alot more complex, and would have set a far more important precedent. Lets see what happens in Chicago...

Czech this out: The Second's Missing Half

Casper, you are really acting like a little bitch....
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #238
timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I read the decision and it has nothing to do with that. States do not have the right to ban hand gun ownership. The only way gun ownership will be infringed upon is if Obama appoints more idiots like yourself to the court. With his recent appointment of Panetta to the CIA, I guess it shows how important he feels our safety is. You liberals won't last long. Give ya one term.
yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #239
Down by the River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
yarmony, thanks for saying what was needed.....

Ever since the Civil War (remember, the war about State's Rights?) the federal government cannot be trumped by any local or state government. It is something I don't particularly like, but it protects our Constitution in this case. We can always put a big ol' IF and say what if! However, DC showed that the local government cannot with hold our Constitutional rights.

To say it is ambiguous.... Is silly! That is like saying freedom of speech, due process, etc.... Are only good on the federal level.

Remember Montana? They didn't want to have a speed limit. What happened? Uncle Sam said post the limit or we cut you off. They posted a limit. That was not even a Constitution right they were arguing.

So you can wish and hope for anything.... But the Federal Government trumps all others. Been that way since the 1860's.
boatmusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #240
Bozeman, Montana
demos the ban was overturned because it was unconstitutional not because it was inacted by the feds dumbass. like yarmony said federal law presides over state. thats why you can still get in trouble by state hiway patrol in denver if you have ounce of weed because state ordinance over rides municiple.

i suggest taking a political science class at your community college.