Old 02-04-2008   #11
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
its just music anybody can listen to anything you don't have to be a 12 year old girl to like britney spears, look at cayo. same thing with the dead.

hilirary is like a bad case of herpies just never goes away.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
that would be more like Santana,Zappa,DiMEOLA,and Jimmy Vaughn son...oh yeah forgot Hannah Montana and the Wiggles

Mike I GUESS i deserve that for pickin' on you

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #13
Bozeman, Montana
f*ckin ah, if you pee in to the wind you'll end up pissing on yourself.

but you'll have to drive up here for some super early season creeking and possible first -d end of april or first week in may if its colder again.
serious gradient in one canyon i've been spying out. got up to 600 cfs last year
Old 02-05-2008   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
No woman is going to take offense to you calling Ann Coulter an angry bitch- she is one and she represents women even less than Condoleeza Rice.

Hippies have sort of broken up into three factions these days: Political hippies, environmental hippies, and dirty hippies- only some of each group are Dead fans or acid heads, but all might be able to appreciate the stance of a cultural icon such as The Grateful Dead as Obama supporters.

Originally Posted by gh View Post
I saw a quote saying she would vote for Hillary and I thought, hmm I must be confused. Happens often actually. So I googled her and had a look at her site. She is quite the angry bitch. And please, women everywhere this is not a generic term I use for women. It just a statement about her specifically. I also found some of her quotes.

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

and this...

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."

Anyway, enough about her. Why did I investigate? I am curious about what makes people tick. I am not as well read as the rest of you on this thread so one of the reasons I come to this thread is for educational purposes. Over the years I have had my eyes opened quite a bit by Marko and I appreciate that but I have always tried to listen to both sides. Well not always, when I was younger I would shut things out cause it made me too angry. I am a little less prone to that as I age. I have read most religous dogma partly due to the town that I live in. I even watched some network the other day that had one of the Pat Robertson type shows that showed many people tithing and how great things had happened to them and how rich they got after calling and giving these people your money. Kind of a faith based Pyramid scheme. My wife made a comment somewhat similar to yours but I guess to sum it up I am curious so I had a look.
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #15
pnw, Washington
I saw something pretty amazing this weekend walking my dogs and if you know anything about colo spgs then you will understand what it means. Out of the 10 people I saw walking their mutts, two different couples had Obama pins on. I was amazed.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #16
Bozeman, Montana
im for the not hilary clinton party.
Old 02-05-2008   #17
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
For the record, though some of you might not believe it, one of my tattoos is the back cover of Terapin Station...

The problem with this Dead concert is that it's the day before the voting. Now, if dead shows are like they were when I was going, the LSD lasts a might long time, and when it finally does taper down to a spot where you can see past the capillaries in your eyeballs, you usually need to sleep a dozen hours or so.

That means that Obama can count out any of the dead concert-goers for support today. Would have been better to have the concert tonight...

Hillary isn't like herpies. Bill is. Hillary is the chick that got it through very little fault of her own. She's more like CasperMike's goatherd (just funnin, CM). She bleats about the same, too.

Greg, what rebellion there is in this town can always be found in the great outdoors. It'll be interesting to see whether Huckabee or another republican wins the state here. We'll see how much pull the churches have here (although Dobson is on record as "being fine" with Romney, though I don't think he's endorsed.

By the way, did you see that Focus on the Family's profits are way down? In all facets, every year since 2005, with this year being the steepest decline.

Watch Dobson and his "ministry" pack up and haul ass to some state that will give him a bigger chance to make money. God always needs money for some reason.
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #18
Gnarnia, Colorado
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Anne Coulter is way more intelligent than any of these stupid lefty intellectuals.
Are you shitting me? She's an f-ing psycho, bitch who is totally out of touch with reality. Have you actually listened to her?? She is an embarrassment to all American's - liberal or conservative. There is a special place in hell waiting for her. Talk about a hate monger. Most of what she says and writes is for show - it's how she makes money - but Jesus, she's as bad as they come. Here are some more of Coulter's past comments:

"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."---Rivera Live 8/2/99

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores." 11/16/00

Juan Gonzales is "Cuba's answer to Joey Buttafuoco," a "miscreant," "sperm-donor," and a "poor man's Hugh Hefner."---Rivera Live 5/1/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair." 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"I think [Whitewater]'s going to prevent the First Lady from running for Senate."---Rivera Live 3/12/99

"My track record is pretty good on predictions."---Rivera Live 12/8/98

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

"You want to be careful not to become just a blowhard."---Washington Post 10/16/98

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #19
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
That's classic. Are you sure this isn't a mispost that should be moved to the JokeWars thread? I think I might make this one my signature (and maybe even my personal mantra):

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00
Fucking hilarious.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #20
Denver, Colorado
im pretty sure you missed the sarcasm in my post. thanks for posting those quotes though.

marko is offline   Reply With Quote