Old 09-30-2008   #11
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Is this my "15 minutes"? Ouch. It seems so, uhm, inadequate.

I was thinking since you have so many opinions and you seem to think they are all right maybe you should run for president!
I've got loads of opinions (obviously), but I have far too many skeletons in the attic to get elected. Unlike Bill Clinton, I inhaled... and still do. And, believe it or not, my ego isn't big enough to seek office. I make do with online rants.

Sorry man I am starting to get sick of all your left wing posts. Maybe you should start watching something else besides MSNBC and listening to something else besides NPR.
I do listen to NPR on my commute. I never watch MSNBC. You should have ridiculed PBS. I enjoy the Lehrer News Hour and BBC. Clearly that makes me a commie.

I want to ask you one question. By your posts it seems to me that you are a small business owner. What are you going to do if B.O. is elected and he requires you to provide your employees with health insurance? What are you going to do when he raises taxes on business owners? Normally that means you will shrink your work force. How will that benifit the lower and middle class?
I am a small, small business owner. A one-man show. I invite you to actually read Obama's tax proposals rather than regurgitating some Sean Hannity spew.

Let the stoning begin! Hopefully there are some right wingers on this sight that will agree with me.
"Everybody must get stoned." Bobbie Zimmerman

Glad you finally decided to post on The Eddy. Loads of interesting opinions expressed in here by folks of various political persuasions. If you wanna get into some spirited dialogue, this is a good place. Sorry you don't like my "leftist" opinions. Oh, not really.

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #12
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
There you go, what an insightful thought! Either buy into the status quo, or you better leave - sucka!

At least right now we can do something real. We can call our congresspeople and tell them to vote no on the bailout! Those up for election, this is the only time they are scared for our votes.

Won't you be bummed when you can't grow your own food, can't make your own shoes, can't sew your own clothes! Imports will be really expensive, and our corporate food industry won't be able to afford their precious fertilizers, pesticides, and diesel for their tractors and long haul trucks. Duh!

Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
ihowemt. better have that indoor garden running and guns locked and loaded. or we could all more to south america?

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #13
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
thats why south america is the back up option!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #14
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by riverrat103 View Post
What are you going to do if B.O. is elected and he requires you to provide your employees with health insurance?
How dare he? How are we supposed to keep the proletariat under our boots if we have to help them have BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS??!?!?!? Who cares if these people spend the majority of their waking hours working for us in a country where we have next to no benefits, focus most of our energy on our jobs, and can often barely retire? I say we lower the minimum wage too!

RiverRat, I am a registered republican born and raised in a conservative state. I have studied under old school Republicans from the senate and my state government and am involved in politics currently. That said, this "right-winger" does not agree with the pathetic, greedy, treasonous administration in place. John McCain is no different. I am a fiscal conservative so fed up with this piss poor spend happy administration that I'll vote for Barack to SAVE MONEY. You can argue until you're blue in the face about the taxpayer expense of social programs and the left wing agenda, but the fact is it costs way more to not fix these things. Bankruptcies and poverty cost the US between 500 billion and 1 trillion dollars a year. If 700 billion can save us from the greatest financial crisis in decades, think what we could do with that kind of extra money every year?

I will say that the age thing has been beat to death. Throughout human history we have regarded our elders as wise leaders, I don't think this needs to change because the media likes to hype up McCain's age.

Of course you get more hero points in my book for not getting captured, but that's a whole different argument.

Steve, I'll vote for you!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008   #15
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Randaddy - thank you for your vote of confidence, but like John McCain, I am suspending my campaign today to work on the most pressing issue facing America today: fair and unfettered access to spray paint. For too long, Washington Bureaucrats and Eastern Liberal Media Elites have blocked access to spray paint. This is a First Amendment issue that none of the major candidates will touch. It's the new "third rail" of American politics.

I'm fired up. I may even go on a hunger strike. In fact, I missed lunch today and I'm already hungry!

Thank you, and may God continue to bless America.

<Dude, you questioned the heroism of getting shot down and captured! Confession: I've wondered the same. I thought a war hero was somebody like Audie Murphy who mowed down Nazis like they were noxious weeds, saving hundreds of Americans lives in the process. I didn't realize all you had to do was screw up to be a hero.>

DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote