Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-21-2011   #1
The next zone, .
Does the buzz need a hall of fame????

A few of us just got done laughing our ass off over some of the old posts from chunderboy and we were talking about if the buzz needs a hall of fame section. I mean there are a few threads out there that should live on forever here on the buzz..

Maybe it is just me but I think it would be sweet to have a hall of fame section for the buzz where admins could put some of the buzz posts that should live on. It is not just the chunderboy posts as there are a few other threads come to mind.

So what do you buzzards think? Am I off base or would a hall of fame section be a good idea?

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I think we can put this one in there as well - it just keeps on giving.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #3
x, x
Paddling Since: x
I think we should follow the frame structure entierly with stickys and rules but not all. how close could we get without infringing? I like gear swap as a forum, and to be able to edit a post months after makes it easyer to compile information all in one thread, lots to be learned....I'm in.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #4
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Yessss, a hall of fame nomination already, thanks Andy! I'm with ya nek. Chunder needs a hall of fame with his own folder even. Poetry. Its a shame when people try to rip off his schtick, it be-smerches his good style. As well as chunders posts, there's probably some tribute posts, some almost tribute posts(like someone who almost lost her life one day), some arrogant guidebook author call outs, etc..
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #5
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yes I agree, just like best of Craigslist, why not best of Mountainbuzz? The one that pops into my head is "I bout lost my life yesterday" (may be wrong title correct me if it is) but that was a classic!
ecarlson972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011   #6
Cpt. No Scout
In a Van, Down By the River
Paddling Since: 91
For sure.
idahofloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011   #7
How about a Hall of SHAME???
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011   #8
Interesting idea. But, we don't take ourselves that seriously. Hall of shame is more like it.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #9
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Yes vote here. Sandbaggers, chunder and totally subjective posting pics. Mayb some gnarrows race threads, lotsawater boofin the fish outta lowers and His wife said NO MORE CLASS V
Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #10
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Another vote for Bout' lost my life yesterday

Although I must admit I didn't read very far past the first actual post in the thread. That one was priceless enough for me.

Also, I liked the Why are people kayaking crazy s**t when they can't roll? thread.

And anything by chunderboy.

leif is online now   Reply With Quote