Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 09-15-2006   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Does any one know of a Colorado hunting Fourm??

I read the buzz all the time and know how helpful it’s been to me, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Elk/deer hunting forum for the Colorado area. I’ve searched everywhere and haven’t found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

DGDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #2
Haven't been able to find one either. There are plenty of guys on HuntTalk.com who hunt in Colorado though.

BillyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #3
what's your question
MPEARSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #4
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Post here if you find a CO hunting forum. I am always looking for people to go pheasant or duck hunting.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #5
C. Springs, Colorado
This one isn't specific to Colorado, but check it out. http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #6
Heres a few good ones:

Hope this helps-

PS- Just joking around. Though Im disagree with hunting as a 'just for fun and to kill animals; activity I eat meat and feel way better (and healthier) about eating something that grew up in the wild and hasn't been shot full of hormones, antibiotics and raised on pesticide infested grains. A freezer full of elk for the year? Heck yes!
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #7
The next zone, .
I just got back from a week out elk huntin. Ridin, hikin, spotin, and continue the cycle. I used to shoot a 75# - 64” custom longbow but since I dislocated my shoulder I have to cheat and shoot a compound bow.
Spent the first 4 days lookin through a spotin scope and seeing 15-20 legal bulls but no shooter bulls. Wednesday night I finally saw a shooter – a 6x7 (320ish) – 8 or so miles from the nearest trailhead. Well I got him into 32 yds on Thursday AM and missed. I go up again on Tuesday for the rest of the season. I have harvested 6 bulls over 7 years with my bow – the only year I had no meat in the freezer is the year I dislocated my shoulder and could not pull a bow.

I am also wondering how many other hunters here on the buzz? Some people “earn their turns” I like to think I “earn my burgers” by hiking every one of them up a giant canyon.

To answer your question look into http://www.elkcamp.com/forum/ Most of this forum is about Colorado. Or http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-bi...rum/dcboard.pl is more a western forum.

And no I can not even come close to clamin RDNEK as a username in these forums.

Good luck.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #8
The next zone, .
Yo check,

For one and one reason only every person who has ever eaten meat should hunt.

So you fully realize the sacrifice(s) that must be made so you can live.

Until you look something in the eye at 30 yards then kill it, butcher it, hike it out, process it, and then finally cook your bounty - you cannot not fully realize the sacrifice that must be made by many so one can continue to live.

So why dont you just put another PETA sticker on your subaru, go get a burger at Mc Donalds, and save the rest of us the time of measuring our dicks.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #9

You are totally right in the above post (about those who eat meat should hunt what they eat...or at least have hunted before). Shooting a wild elk to eat is way more humane than eating an animal raised in a factory in it's own shit and never even getting to really live or move.

I actually wish I could do what you do (get an Elk in the fall to eat for the year) and commend you for it.

I do wholeheartedly disgree with the concept of simply killing a majestic wild animal for fun, getting a picture taken with it and putting it's head on the wall.

Anyway, this is an ageless and tired debate that everyone's heard a million times, so I'll just shut up now. I better check myself....
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #10
Boulder, Colorado
Thanks for all the feedback I really appreciate.. David

DGDenver is offline   Reply With Quote