Old 08-27-2014   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Crested Butte/Bud Light??

So there is this: Crested Butte, Bud Light controversy builds as Whatever rollout starts - The Denver Post

I'm thinking that Milo needs to find a way to totally crash that party. I think I'm safe in presuming that the buzz will come up with the appropriate bail money if necessary. Bonus points if you post pics of you out drinking Arnold Schwarzenegger, Milo.

On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #2
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
my facebook feed is filled with people commenting about it and voicing their respective sides on it. Mr. Ochs may think "90% of people are for", but judging by the cross section of people voicing their opinions on my page (from many different walks of life and economic and social backgrounds) it seems to be more 50/50 split on how people feel about it. i think a lot of people dont necessarily care that its happening, more that they were kept in the dark for so long about it, and that they wished the town would have haggeled for more than $250, actually kind i dont live there right now, its gonna be a shit show. now that the secret is out, I wonder how many people are going to decide that even though they dont have an invite, they are going to try and crash the party?

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014   #3
Golden, Colorado
"Daniels said his company chose Crested Butte because of its beautiful setting and because it appeared to be a town that likes to have a lot of fun. Crested Butte is known for many annual events when locals tend to show up in whacky costumes."

CB has some of the best mountain biking, skiing and kayaking in the world. It has some of the most amazing backcountry in the world. It will be interesting to see if Bud Light utilizes any of that in their "Whatever" campaign of if they are there just for the "wackiness", in which case Las Vegas would have been a more suitable location.

I was there on a job that weekend. It was quite the scene, even though I didn't (wasn't allowed to) attend the actual party. In my opinion, CB residence had nothing to complain about. They got $500,000 (not $250,000) and every room in the entire town (including the ski area) was booked for the weekend. The people that Bud Light dragged in for their commercial and confined within Bud Light's chain link fences were the real losers. I would hate to have been cooped up inside their fictitious party town when some of the best mountain biking in the world was just beyond.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote