Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 06-20-2006   #111
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

Oh no you di-in't.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #112
Uhhohh. That time of year.

Does this mean Colorado's dry?

Should I start waxing my skis, and resolve my weekends to sitting on the couch, in my underwear, crying and masterbating to Kim Reichhelm in Blizzard of Ahhs?

merry prankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #113
Originally Posted by merry prankster
Uhhohh. That time of year.

Should I start waxing my skis, and resolve my weekends to sitting on the couch, in my underwear, crying and masterbating to Kim Reichhelm in Blizzard of Ahhs?
Thanks for the tip... an actual quote from Kim's website:
"Once you ski with Kim itÂ’ll never be the same"
cma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #114
Re: 7 Miles of Ark to be artist canvas

Originally Posted by cecil
Just came across this. Looks really cool! Can't wait to run the Ark during this!!!

Looks like it will be "Christmas in July" for the rafting companies.... I imagine a LOT of art lover type folks will be coming down, wanting to float below the eight canvas sections.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #115
He's a part-time Disco champion and a full-time Woman Lover, Colorado
gh, you're in need of an attitude adjustment man. Cool yo steamers! Pretty soon the wookies will come and everyone will blame you.

Think about it.
I hope you're all on board cause this bus is ready to roll.
smoke emif ugotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #116
Christmas in July? Right, it's not like raft companies are not very busy in july. They will really be able to increase their business from Maximum to.....??
onebakedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #117
pnw, Washington
Smoke em, you are sooooo right. I do need an attitude adjustment. Help a brother out and share. If you see the old thread this was a lightening rod topic. Water is still running some so I am opting out for now.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006   #118
Indian Hills
old thread

Yikes! I took a look at those posts from last year. There seems to be a lot more said than I could ever add.
When I saw Cecil's post with no response I was really surprised. Now I see that people can only say so much. It is hard to widen a narrow mind.

Looks really cool! Can't wait to run the Ark during this!!!
Aaaa yea?
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #119
Gnarnia, Colorado

BLM News Release
For Immediate Release
John DoW - BLM

January 31, 2008

CANON CITY, Colo. --- The Royal Gorge Field Office of the Bureau of Land
Management has made available the Over the River design proposal at the
Christo and Jeanne-Claude Over the River™ link on the BLM’s website:
BLM Colorado | Royal Gorge Field Office. The 2000-page proposal seeks permission to create and display a public art project primarily on BLM land in the Arkansas River Valley between Canon City and Salida. Before any decision on the project is made, BLM will complete an Environmental Impact Statement as required by the National Environmental Policy Act.

In June of 2006, BLM requested a detailed design proposal from the project proponent, including plans for engineering and construction as well as traffic, event, safety and exhibit removal. In response to this request, the artists submitted their Over the River Design and Planning Report in April 2007. The BLM has reviewed this proposal for completeness and met with the artists’ team to discuss the necessary additional data BLM needs to move forward with conducting an EIS.

“The BLM is looking forward to receiving the necessary additional proposal information so that we can move ahead with the third party contracting for the Environmental Impact Statement,” said Royal Gorge Field Office Manager
Roy Masinton.

BLM continues to work with its cooperating agencies in reviewing the proposal and anticipates beginning the EIS this spring.

John Dow, Environmental Coordinator
Bureau of Land Management
Royal Gorge Field Office
3170 E. Main St
Canon City, CO 81212
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #120
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I'm not quite sure I understand this??? Is this proposing that artists will be draping artwork over the river?

jbarnow is offline   Reply With Quote