Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-05-2009   #41
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Ensure 10 percent of Our Electricity Comes from Renewable Sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.
Deploy the Cheapest, Cleanest, Fastest Energy Source – Energy Efficiency. (do all three need to be meet or just 2?)
Weatherize One Million Homes Annually.
Develop and Deploy Clean Coal Technology. (he finally understands were america gets a bunch of power)
Prioritize the Construction of the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline. (not green)is he going to start to drill more 2? IM GOING TO GUESS YES, WHAT WAS IT ABOUT THE RACE FOR THE ENERGY IN THE ARTIC CIRCLE

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #42
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Mike - you just have to "trust" Team Obama on this one... just like you trusted BushCo's disrespect of the Constitution.

Now stay on topic, dammit! This is the "Cheney Loves You, But You Are So Mean You Don't Love Him Back" thread.

You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #43
Bozeman, Montana
why trust somebody that doesnt have a worthy track record. this is the problem i have Blind faith. we elected somebody to fix the problems of the US that doesn't have any experience. way to go. might as well have the stocker in back get up here and be my manager. oh wait that shit has already happened we got a reject from houston.
Old 02-05-2009   #44
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
steven i have been to the recruiting office but the gf doesn't want me to go we have talked about it but she can't handle all the bills at the moment by herself.
Ah- the Dick Cheney School of Patriotism and Bravery: ""I had other priorities in the '60s than military service." -The Dick, 1989

Let me interpret your statement: "The sacrifice that others make is just & noble, but it's too much of a sacrifice for me and my chick might not be able to afford cable TV. I'll just spend half the day online pushing for wars that others will have to fight."

That's a Chickenhawk excuse if I ever heard one. Do you have any idea how many guys whose WIVES and KIDS struggle ever day while their loved on fights in these wars that you support ? My buddy came back from his second tour as a trauma surgeon in Fallujah to a divorce.

"I've been by the recruiting office". What horseshit.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #45
Bozeman, Montana
Would you vote to repeal the Patriot Act?
Yes, I would vote to repeal the U.S. Patriot Act, although I would consider replacing that shoddy and dangerous law with a new, carefully crafted proposal that addressed in a much more limited fashion the legitimate needs of law enforcement in combating terrorism (for example, permitting a warrant for the interception of cell phone calls, and not just land-based phones to accommodate changes in technology).
However, on March 2, 2006, U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D - Illinois) voted to re-authorize the Patriot Act [Source: 3/2/2006 Senate Roll Call Vote #029]. In fact, on February 16, 2006, Sen. Obama had this to say on the floor of the United States Senate:

"This compromise does modestly improve the PATRIOT Act by strengthening civil liberties protections without sacrificing the tools that law enforcement needs to keep us safe [...] So, I will be supporting the Patriot Act compromise. [Source: 2/16/2006 Floor Statement of Senator Barack Obama on USA PATRIOT Act Reauthorization]

this is why i don't trust obama. he is to back and forth and doesn't have his own morals and beleifs which is common sense.
Old 02-05-2009   #46
Bozeman, Montana
so i haven't talked to my old lady about going and i haven't been to the office(at our mall) and i don't receive more shit in the mail because of it? ahhh im trying to help her get were she wants to be in life(not chickenshit) which is saving money at the moment so we can move so she can finish her education in montana. felco you don't know what we agreed on and not so how do you know the circumstances from which i would have joined. el fuck hole fuck off. quit judging and acting like you know what i do day in and day out. im at workand do get on the internet. what about you. i did't sign up at the moment because of previous responsiblities that i can't throw out the window. i do wish i would have when i was out of high school though.
elfelco fighting the wars is what comes with the responsibility of signing up with the military your friend didn't have to sign up as i didn't either. there is not a draft at the moment so whats your problem. i make nearly all our money, my gf works at a swim pool lifeguarding between 22 credits of college classes. should she have to give up her education so i can go fight.
Old 02-05-2009   #47
Bozeman, Montana
if you ask me its not chickenhawk to follow through on previous commitments.

el fuck hole i will add this- if a draft is ever reinstated i will be the first in line before any numbers are ever called.
Old 02-05-2009   #48
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04

There are several reasons I tend (tend!) to treat you with dignity even when you have intellectual temper-tantrums (and I use the term 'intellectual' loosely in context...) and treat others with less than the dignity I would wish.

I believe you're salvageable.

At times you try to emulate Sean Hannity (who is a worthless tool trained in the bullshit art of competitive debate and who has all the bias of a trained Seminary student forced to defend magical philosophies), only you don't have the patience of temperament he does, and you don't have the proper experience to bait and switch your arguments mid-stream to confound your opponents that he does.

You don't have to go that route. You should go the route of the Fareed Zakaria's, David Gergens, and... (well that's the problem with modern Conservatism today - it's integrity has been bankrupted by trying to defend Bush for 8 years).

Stick to one subject per thread (not post).
Support your positions with objective evidence.
Don't mistake other people's kindness for weakness

Sources for you:
National Review Online
World Politics Review Online
The Weekly Standard
The O'Reilly Factor (he tends to be very consistent, IMO)

Buy some of William F. Buckley Jr.'s political books; they are the best source of the movement you seem to have affinity for. Read them and think about them.

On a tangent:
As an ex-military member, I think it's an unfair (and impolite) ad hominem to attack CM for not being in the military. He's entitled to his opinions about the best use of the US Military to keep the US populace safe as a member of that populace. His affiliation with that military is immaterial.

In addition, comparing CM to Cheney in regards to military service is also unfair (and specious) because Cheney received deferments during a period in which there was a National Registration for involuntary service (i.e. The Draft). CM did not foist a citizen's responsibility onto others.

Sharpen your tools, Mike.
I don't run Class V because I don't have the tools. If I want to, I had better work on my fitness, competency, and experience.
It's true I may be desperately and hopelessly in love with my own intellect (among other parts), but I can tell you that EF, Marko, DS, and several others here are at least as smart as I. They're Class V smart, dude.

Talent without hard work means nothing.
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #49
Bozeman, Montana
helio thank you, i will stash this in my memory. lately i have been trying to control some parts of my intellectual skills. loving everybody regardless of what there life experiences have brought them to in the current day is the one i am concentrating on at the moment. i know i may not agree but im def. trying to tone down some. thanks for the advice, helio.

its people like you which make me want to quit everything and join up. i love the free thoughts in america. i even have love for you flaco.
Old 02-05-2009   #50
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
There we go, compasionate conservatism. The most bullshit term ever.

Let me make this perfectly clear for you Casper:

Bush and Cheney 8===D America

Obama and his team can't do any worse. I'd say we're nearing rock bottom here.

Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote