Old 08-31-2012   #21
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2008
You will buy 5? Awesome! I am waiting for some quotes from other printing companies throughout our great land. I currenly have 100 US printed copies in stock, ready to sell. After they sell, I plan on putting the money back in and releasing the second edition which I hope will be printed by Americans. As I sell more of the book, I can save up to make larger bulk orders, in turn lowering the cost. I think I'll get it there. I really want my book to compete with the Belknaps, but they are printed in a land far far away.

tanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #22
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
You do realize print is dead, right?

You're wasting a mint getting your shitty little book printed and bound, go the e-book route and blow your hard earned dough on hookers, bubbly and blow like the rest of us smart guys.

Now, I know what you're going to say...

"Its a river guide, and people can't take an e-book on the river"

Look guy, I didn't get all these hookers, bubbly, and blow by being stupid, so just for you I spent like 4 minutes of my valuable time inventing a magical device by which people can convert ones and zeros into a's b's and c's. What's more amazing is the fact that Ive also enabled that magical device to scribble those a's b's and c's onto paper, which your customers can take with them on the river, so they don't get lost.

Stick with me dude, I'll make you lower middle class, or upper lower class in no time.

Love you in the mouth,

slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #23
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks for the great advice,

Old 09-03-2012   #24
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Should've spent those four minutes on an assisted suicide session.
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012   #25
welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
seriously Let me know when you print with an American company and I wioll buy
Good luck
You might try some of the printing companies in the Mid west like in Ks or Mo
Just a thought
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #26
Salt Lake City, Utah
I completed a small run in the USA. I am also excited that I found a printer in Denver that will be able to help! USA made the whole way! A bunch of research and inquiries thankfully brought me the results I was hoping for. Its scary how hard it is to find Made in the USA.
Old 09-06-2012   #27
welch, Oklahoma
Let me know when and where to buy them when printed
Old 09-06-2012   #28
Salt Lake City, Utah
I just recieved a free Springbar Tent! Its from around 1968 and in great condition. I just re-waterproofed it, and am fixing the screen on the door. To those unfamiliar with Springbar check them out at:

Springbar Tents Are Made In Salt Lake City Utah, USA.

The are really heavy and bulky, but for those that like comfort and a product that will last forever, this tent is the best. Best of all they have and always will be American made.

Perhaps we can discuss how crappy outdoor gear has become. I was looking at an "old" Lowe pack from the mid 90's. I was really surprised by the quality of it compared to current packs. I was also looking at an "old" down Gerry coat from the late 90's. It also seems much more bomber than the down of today. It kind of seems that obsolesence and break down is part of some of the outdoor manufacturers plans for profit. Has anybody out there made these same observations?
Old 09-13-2012   #29
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by ranchman44 View Post
Sorry no pic's here . Thought this would get the most attention . Thought about posting a pic of a cow or bull but I know the buzzards would have a field day.

Now that I have your attention .
I have been concerned about the economy as we all have. we are effected by the politicians making promises while ignore the real issues and nothing is getting done . I would like to make a suggestion for all of us .
I always ask where they are located and if out side the us I ask to be transfered to the US , If they refuse or hang up on you [which they have ] then go online and find the corp head quarters and call for the ceo of the company. you will usually get an administrative assist but they will get the message .
I know that many of the 3 rd world countries are making raft but we many USA companies that make great rafts . And if they are to high buy used .
My last 3 rafts were Jacks Plastic and Marivia.
I know all this sounds like a lot of Bull But we have to start some where and hopefully this will catch on

Think American Hire Americans !!!!
I pretty sure your Maravia has a floor that is made Asia. You might want to start with that Captain America.
swimteam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #30
welch, Oklahoma
Thanks for the info . When I bought the raft it was a bucket boat . I called the guys from maravia and they had some left over floors . I will be more careful because a raft repair in denver quoted me a new floor .
I know a lot of people think that asaking where a product is made or speaking to a customer service is a waste of time but it relly does have an impact
Thanks all for the imputs