Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 02-26-2006   #1
on your sister, ...
Bode Miller... i hope he represents botswana next olympics

i don't care that he didn't win a medal but i think his "it's all good to be a flippin loser" is a crappy message to the next generation of skiers. the dude is selfish as all hell and doesn't represent the US very well for sure.

Between him and the bickering,petty skaters shani davis and the other dude, the US looked pretty bad this olympics and it sure left a bad taste in my mouth.

Cheers to the ones that won or lost with class though.

tuberslickmysweatyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #2
Unfortunately, he is kind of a fair representation of a US mentality. Not everyone mind you, but alot of people. The selfish, everyone else can go to hell mentality. Look at the TX vs. CO and gay posts of the past few days. It's just a lack of respect for others.

Doug Poudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #3
on your sister, ...
his comments that his olympics were basically a success cuz he went to some good parties were ridiculous. i just want to smack him right now and make sure he knows what an honor it should be to represent the US and how many would have loved to be in his shoes for such an opportunity. He could care less about it though ,I'm sure.
Old 02-26-2006   #4
That's what make this country great, lots and lots of assholes.

I kind of lost my taste for the Olympics when it became a professional arena instead of amateur. But some of those curling chics were hot. Go Sweden.
Doug Poudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #5
on your sister, ...
yeah, agree in some ways about the "pro's" being there now. the US NHL olympic team didn't seem to care much for sure. The only thing I like about it is that does get rid of allot of hardship for some atheletes trying to keep an amatuer status. Some of those stories back in the day were tough to hear. Many of these guys and gals deserve to reap the rewards of being the best.
Old 02-26-2006   #6
Tuber - get a grip. Who are you to be judging how much class Bode has?

Your comment about smacking him makes me laugh.

Bode is a staight talkin, in your face, push it to the limit guy.

I love it that he Party's up and goes hard on race day.

We need more people like Bode respect
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #7
Bode can have whatever crappy attitude he wants. What bothers me the most is there are plenty of people that wanted to be there and had a chance of placing for a medal but were excluded due to Bodes "superior" skiing record. The brat shouldve taken the high road, moved over and let someone else compete. There is no merit in the "in your face - party like hell attitude". That is just a definition of immaturity and not a neccesarily a mark of honesty. If he was honest he wouldve let some one else, with more aspiration, compete. He is the definition of immature asshole, plain and simple.
grungeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #8
I now classify Bode as a dumb fuck. I used to admire the man's "go for it hard no metter what the consequences" attitude, but that previously pertained only to the race course and not his social life. It's my viewpoint that he can do what he wants on the WC. But when you accept the responsibility to represent your country at the Olymics, you have taken on thousands of years of tradition and yes, even honor.

Tomba presented this "bad boy" image crap in his heyday. However, it was only that- an image. In reality he was in bed at eight and inspecting courses at the crack of dawn- not to mention winning golds. Bode slipped in his post-slalom interview when flapping about his partying and had to backtrack and cover-up his revelry as "not on days before races." Bullshit.

The saddest part of this whole thing went down during the downhill. If you recall, Rahlves and Bode were screwing around w/ two pairs of skis right before the start. One pair was brand-new from Atomic, the others were out of their regular WC quiver. The new one's were supposedly faster, but who really knew? So....after Bode's fat ass finished out of the hunt on the new boards Rahlves decided to go with the old sticks. This was a mistake. Rahlves skied a significantly better line than Bode (he actually wanted to win, had trained for it and managed to roll his ass out of bed before 11) but finished poorly, as his skis clearly were not gliding well. I beliveve he would have medaled had he been on the new skis. It's just too bad he took a lazy fat man's advice for what was his final Olympic downhill.
routter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #9
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I'm sure even Botswana could do better than Bode
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #10
there are two skiiers in the world who can compete in all five event and have a chance to win them. Bode Miller and Benjamin Raich. If you know anything about racing you know the difference between them. raich skis at 80 percent plays it safe and wins when bode dnfs or misses a line. If bode hits his line hes the best and fastest racer in the world hands down. Everyone in racing respects bode more than raich because he puts it on the line. to say that he didn't want to win is ignorant. He was over hyped, but rightfully so because he was the first american to win the overall world cup points title in 27 years. The only perspective you can get out of the olympics is commentators opinions and one sentence sound bytes taken out of context. anyone who has followed ski racing for more than 2 weeks would want bode on their team.

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote