Old 09-25-2015   #11
Old Guy in a PFD
Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
Originally Posted by amv48 View Post
Thanks Shutzie,

I just ordered George's book. Sounds like an interesting guy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
I got one autographed by George; you're gonna like it. Good stories and pictures.

Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015   #12
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
At first I was thinking "no way was that the best trip, you pissed of your wife" - people could have died kind of pissed off then, with the last dialogue I realized you left her speachles. Way worth a pissed off wife and the cherry on top of a wonderful day. Good to hear about you getting on the river, keep it up.

Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015   #13
Old Guy in a PFD
Tucson, Arizona

And another bonus;
Schutzie tore his rotator cuff last winter. The lesson from that; don't go out in winter.
Anyway, he's getting it fixed this week. (The Dr. is gonna cut on his tender white skin)
The Dr. warned that his shoulder was far too stiff, and that he best get cracking on his rehab exercises and loosen the thing up before surgery, or there'd be hell to pay post surgery.
Schutzie hates his rehab exercises and isn't very diligent
Anyway, rowing a few miles in a stiff wind didn't hurt (much) but as it turned out, it really loosened up that damn shoulder.
The Dr. gave Schutzie high praise for the excellent job getting his shoulder ready for surgery.
So Thursday he gets whacked and will be in a sling for a long damn while.
I wonder; will Gore be runnable in late November? Easiest rehab he ever had to do!
Old 10-05-2015   #14
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
LOL, good times! Best of luck on your surgery. Prehab is the most important thing within your power now.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015   #15
Old Guy in a PFD
Tucson, Arizona
Schutzie had his surgery; no pain cause, you know, better living through chemicals ....................
Anyway, rehab starts tomorrow
And heard from George, he was also a bomber pilot in WWII and intends to come to Tucson to the Pima air museum where they have his bomber type on display. Looking forward to that.

Schutzie has realized; the best part of running whitewater is the friendships you make, they last a lifetime!