View Poll Results: Is Bear Grylls a tool?
Yes, hope he falls off a cliff 8 80.00%
No, he's my hero 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2006   #1
Bear Grylls is a horse's ass

I figured the Discovery Channel show "Man vs. Wild," staring Bear Grylls had been cancelled, until recently I again saw ads for the show. Last year I was tricked into watching Bear's show after acquiring a minor addiction to Les Stroud's Survivor Man and confusing it with Bear’s.
The first show I had the misfortune of watching was an episode featuring Bear in the Canadian Rockies. In the middle of the program--the premise being a how-to guide on outdoor survival--Bear tells the audience that he will follow a river to civilization by SWIMMING through the class II/III rapids.
To make matters worse, he and his production crew concealed the fact that Bear was wearing a PFD under his clothes during his "dramatic" swim for survival. I assume he survived since he is still making television programs. He may have even had hot, sloppy sex with a local virgin, but I didn’t have the stomach to watch the clown insult himself any longer. Is it the short winter days talking, or I am right about this?

farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
Yes, Les Stroud, Survivorman is great. I was tricked in the same way and don't watch his crap anymore.

"any man who would trade freedom for security, deserves neither freedom nor security" Thomas Jefferson
teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
pnw, Washington
I think this is the same guy that was in costa rica explaining how you could tell a stream was ok to drink from and then later showing him puking like a mad man. That with the fact that he climbed up to the top of the canopy to have a look at......holy cow, more trees. It was funny.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote