Old 11-28-2005   #11
If you have the money to buy whatever rig you wanted, then why not buy something a little more stylish than a limo. Like a ferrari with snow tires on it, or maybe a grossly lifted black and chrome Chevy truck with a camper shell, four door, short bed, huge stereo system, dvd player and of course gun rack.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #12
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Again, my friend, I'm in complete agreement.... we don't get a lot of snow here, but that one afternoon, about two years ago, we ended up getting something like 9" - 12" in 2.5 hrs-- just as a complete aside, people in the south have no clue what to do with snow: we aren't programmed for it, can't deal with it, and sure as f**k can't drive in it!

Even though it *did* take me something like 4 hours to make it home that afternoon (avoiding careening idjuts on the solid sheet of ice our nice TN interstates had become was a game in and of itself) , that tony sunshine-yellow $130K hummer, jammed up and teetering halfway-to-wheels-up in the ditch on the side of the road, was good enough for at least a laugh or two in the middle of all the chaos. Ahhh, ya'd think if you're dropping 6-figs on a gas-guzzling land behemoth, another couple of bucks for 4 wheel drive might not've been a bad investment???

newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #13
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
The '06 Luxury edition of the H2 is only $58,095 ( But anyways, if I had the cash to blow, I wouldn't mind having a couple of sweet rides (though, if your just trying to turn heads, a classy car, like the '66 Mercedes Convertible or '62 Aston-Martin, would do a much better job than the Hummer); but I'd still keep my trusty Suby for the mountain driving. And I typically find it's rarely the roads or the vehicle that cause accidents, it's usually the stoopid peepel. They just fall apart whenever there's anything on the roads. I am of the opinion that in order to get your driver's license, EVERYONE should have to pass a test on threshold braking and be able to pull out of a skid. My.02.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #14
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
FYI- The limo is part of company that was started by a local skier. Kudos to him for creating a business that takes a little money from the rich guy who feels it is necessary to travel in style.

BTW- You can become rich too, God Bless America! Just ask the guys who invented Google, and the many other people who found a way. Now, all I need is to find a way. Don't hate people who figured out the system, and created wealth. It's not their fault for being smart. And, the top 1% aren't going to fly into DIA and take a 2 hour limo drive. They just fly their private jet into Aspen.

Just my 2 cents
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #15
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
The game up here in the Vail area is to try to find a way to make money on idiots who are up here throwing it away. Unfortunately, I have been attempting to make it through "hard work", but the better model is to try to vaccum it up from the people who have too much of it. Lots of people have done a good job at it here, (I'm not one of them yet) and then once they get their own pile of money, they buy a hummer and one of those god awful looking Mercedes Minivans that it supposed to be an SUV, and a actual home with a yard and walls and stuff.

Anyways, I'm off to start my business customizing Hummers with fur interiors and god and diamond encrusted rims. Holla!
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #16
Eagle County, Colorado

Most of the people who ride in limos and buy Hummers, aren't really that rich, they are just really in debt. I have learned that a small minority of the *real* rich people shop at Target and drive Hondas, etc. That is why they are rich.

That said, most of the real real real rich people who come up to the Vail Valley, have so much money that they don't know what to do with it. They will buy multiple houses that sit empty, buy a new car every two years for each garage at each house, etc. I once helped a guy with a computer problem at some $10m house. I googled him, and learned that he has donated $30million dollars to his old college's scholarship program. Holy shit!
Old 11-28-2005   #17
Front Range, Colorado
This was a real-deal, bells-n-whistles Hummer... as in, a bright screamin' yellow luxury version of the military-issue vehicle. Who knew it would take an overmoneyed TN redneck to figure out its "balancing point" on an icy southern road, though?
Old 11-28-2005   #18
Eagle County, Colorado
Is it bad that I cast voodoo curses on Texans driving their big 4x4s up here like they are invincible when it is icy out? Even this morning in the snow and ice, I was waving my fingers to some out of control driver with out of state tags going crazy fast saying "craaaaash....craaaaaaaaaaaaash....into snooooowbaaaank....get stuck need toooow......not hit looooocal....." while stabbing my longhorn-starter-jacket-clad-voodoo-doll.
Old 11-28-2005   #19
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Hey newby, you ever been to Henderson Kentucky?
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #20
Front Range, Colorado
Henderson, KY, huh?
Isn't that near Evansville, IN or something??

Yeah, I think I've been there once.... the only things there were like, a Sleep Inn and a Wal-Mart.....?? There'd have to be some SERIOUS incentive for me to ever think about making another return trip, though! LOL

Is there a reason you ask?? :P

And WL, you're no worse than me and my attitude towards the idiot who screams and squeals his MOTHER-F$#%*NG CROTCH-ROCKET around the curves down the street from my condo at two in the morning.... when the only thing I can do is yell at the ceiling, "OH, go F*&%$ING WRAP YOURSELF AROUND A TREE!! (** but don't hurt anyone else in the process)." What??