Old 06-02-2010   #1
Indian Hills, Colorado
Bachelor Party Float Fishing Trip

I'm researching an overnight float/guided fishing trip on the upper Colorado for about 6-8 people in mid-late August. I envision:
Float and fish two days.
Camp, fish at night.

Outfitter supplies:
Fishing gear, instruction to novices, all boat and sleep gear (tents, bags, etc.), provides meals.

Does this sort of guide service exist? Who should I contact, recommendations? Estimated cost per person?

Thanks in advance! Cheers, Dan

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
My Dad and I have used Gorsuch outfitters out of Edwards before and had a great time on day trips, they seemed to have changed their names to Alpine River Outfitters, but had good fishing and good guides:

Fly Fishing Guides,Vail Colorado:Guided Fly Fishing Trips:Voted Vails#1 Fly Shop 2005 , 2006 & 2007

They list that they do overnight float trips as well but at 500 hundo a day:

Overnight Trips Exclusive fishing and camping access enables us to offer overnight experiences matched by no other.These excursions provide the ultimate opportunity to see Colorado’s breathtaking views and remote scenery. Our accomplished chef will prepare exquisite stream side cuisine, allowing you and your guide extended time on the water. Enjoy a gourmet meal while relaxing around the fire, swapping stories from the days events. You can choose an overnight float on the Colorado, an overnight wade on the Piney or a float/wade combo. The overnight trip has become one of our most popular trips. Reservations are required. $500/Full Day (4 PPL Minimum)

I think in that area it might be hard to find a guiding service that fits your needs and is in your budget range - the accomplished chef and gourmet meal does sound nice though...

kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #3
pnw, Washington
No strippers?
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #4
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Can I make a suggestion? The upper Colorado is just OK fishing (most of the time) and camping is limited, and there aren't many guides that I know of doing overnighters there. Two much better floats, that are WAY better fishing, and have guides out the wazoo are the Gunnison Gorge and the sections A&B on the Green. the Gunny Gorge you hike in, the outfitter brings gear in by mules and you have a beautiful 2 or 3 day float. Nice whitewater also. Pricey, but something you will remember forever.

The Green is a long drive (Vernal Utah)but a great fishing and camping and not too crowded after the A section - Little Hole. If your interested I can hook you up with a guide off post. Just e-mail me.
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Why rent when you can own? Get the Sevylor Fishhunter a spool of kite string and some liver.Hit the crawdad pond at Wash . Park guaranteed to catch shit loads of yummy crawdads.Centrally located to several titty bars.Sleep wherever you end up.Make sure to put the groom on a
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #6
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Greyhound to Fargo ,unconscious of course,6 hrs. before the wedding.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #7
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Contact Hank @ MoHenry's trout shop in Fraser

bookmillone is offline   Reply With Quote