Old 10-20-2015   #1
Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
Army corps of engineers

I realize this mess of dams they have created is difficult to manage. But I'll be dammed (haha) if i can understand why they are setting up for failure on the Missouri River system again, just like in 2010.
They have cut the release from Garrison dam and the river is down about 4 ft. Not only has this screwed up navigation due to all the sand bars they have royally fucked up my fishing.
The corps has significantly increased the chances of more flooding should we get the big snow. I sure hope they get it right this year. They cut the release right after labor day, went from one of the busiest days on the river to being deserted. Head dude said they have no responsibility to provide flows for recreation after labor day.
That's my gripe for the week and by the way I blame Tony from CRS.
Remember what the door mouse said.......................feed your head.........feed your head
sammyphsyco is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideas for volunteer opportunities for water engineers? darren Whitewater Kayaking 5 01-30-2010 12:38 PM
The elimination of our professional army Demosthenes The Eddy 36 02-09-2009 09:40 AM
Army Corps versus the Clean Water Act RiverWrangler Whitewater Kayaking 0 11-02-2008 11:22 AM
RIVER ENGINEERS WANTED! Commercial Posts 1 05-03-2005 03:42 PM
Searching for Whitewater Park Engineers wycoloboater Whitewater Kayaking 4 09-23-2004 09:23 PM

» Classified Ads
Badfish MCIT 11'6"

posted by Krynn

Used one season, great condition Included Backpack Hand...

Pyranha S6F

posted by CFriday

2008 Pyranha S6F. Stopped paddling in 2008, been stored in...

2014 Rossigno Alltrack...

posted by Tripp

2014 Rossigno Alltrack 130. Size 25.5 (men;s 8.5-9.0)...