Teabagging: The Morning After
Now that the acrid taste of teabagging has largely faded from the mouths of exhuberant teabaggers, let's assess their, uh, accomplishments.
• Providing comic relief to Americans with their staged antics in their self-indulgent Theater of the Absurd. We especially like the period-piece powdered wigs.
• Failing to recognize the FACT that Americans pay the LOWEST TAXES of ANY developed nation.
• Mailing teabags to the White House to demand lower taxes... despite the fact that 95% of Americans got a tax cut spearheaded by the White House.
• Failing to recognize that the original Boston Tea Party was about taxation without representation, and whining, teabagging conservatives have representation, they JUST LOST THE LAST TWO ELECTIONS.
• Trailer park dwellers shedding tears for people who earn more than $250,000 a year.
• Exposing the incredible irony of holding events in public parks (socialism!) while denouncing socialism.
• Giving jabbering lunatic TV personality Glenn Beck a reason to live.
• Having a national media outlet sponsoring media events that they in turn "covered" as "news". One more nail in the coffin of legitimate news reporting.
• Gatherings of angry white people who relish bizarre, paranoid conspiracy theories.
• The same angry white people calling Obama a socialist out of one side of their mouths while denouncing him as a fascist out of the other side. Proof that some people didn't pay attention in political science class, or that our mental health system is broken.
• Projecting a "grassroots upwelling" while conveniently ignoring the fact that the teabagging parties were organized and underwritten by corporate lobbyists.
• Texas Governor Rick Perry threatens to secede at an Austin teabagging party. OK, this is actually a positive development.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.