Old 08-22-2008   #1
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Anyone Needing Tree Work Done?

Just throwing this out there as I'm needing to make some cash and I'm waiting on hopefully getting a job installing solar systems that is being pushed back a week because either a) I messed up in my working interview (which I don't think) or b) my ability to "start yesterday" was sooner than they were expecting.

Anyways, I had a very successful tree pruning and removal business in Portland, that burnt me out from too much demand. If you know what angie's list is, my company, Boreal Tree Service, was rated at the top with over 100 companies in the market area.

I just took down a doug fir for Trevor M and cleaned up another tree on his property. I have everything I need with me to prune just about any tree and take down medium sized trees, say less than 2.5 ft in diameter but up to 100ft (we grew much larger in Portland). I can get your beetle killed trees down, cut up and brushed into a pile, solo or working with you. Larger decidious (leafy trees) I would need another person most likely, so I would shy away from them now, unless you were able to help out on the ground.

Mostly what I do is "residential" which means if it is near your house or there is valuable property around the tree, I can do it, versus a timber project just falling a bunch of trees. I could also advise on "fire safing" your house and property as well as doing that work also.

I could do hourly or by the job and give a pretty good rate, based on skilled trade, travel & equipment. You could take brush to a recycling place, etc. I'm based out of Golden right now, but given the right conditions could travel in state also.

Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #2
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
As inquired already and so there are no misunderstandings, I do not have liability insurance and as I do not intend to reform my business here in Colorado, I do not intend to get it for doing side work. I have a record of not doing any damage to client's property and referrals I can direct you towards on angie's list, and if it is a tree or job I feel I cannot do safely, I will advise and pass on the job before starting it. When I did have liability insurance in Oregon, I never had a claim filed against me or damaged customer's property. I understand either way, but this is an offer equivalent to having your friend the framer, frame in a garage for you on the weekend, etc. so you can do the rest on your own.

Hans is offline   Reply With Quote