Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 05-09-2006   #41
Fort Collins, Colorado
I recommend 100% silk with mink trim

wally206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #42
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
Mega Homes (over 10,000sqft) and private jets are crowding locals out of the Roaring Fork Valley. Locals live 30 plus miles away and call ourselves ?local?. Golf course development along the river crowds out recreation for more homes that are lived in 6 weeks a year (yes pitkin county has an average home ussage of 6 weeks a year including those people that live there year round)

As for hating texans and Golf couses...I only h8 1 texan and he is not even in his own state and golf couses use on average 300,000 gallons of water per DAY. http://dare.agsci.colostate.edu/csua...s/apr04-01.pdf
(golf courses in CO report)

It seems to me that they are under used, over priced, and the people that actually play the "resort" clubs look down at the locals. The operators would rather pay an "imigrant" low wages and drive down the income potential for all the other residents of the area... so yes they suck both literally and figuratively.

Great you own a nice home...your own business and have a wife and 2.3 kids...welcome to the status quo. Enjoy you life...calling me presumptuous is crap. excess and more.more more attitude is killing this country. where I live kicks ass. I love my neighbors. I know most of them and they are hard working people.

No wonder the people who believe in the more.more.more attitude live in gated golf course communities..because they are despised by the locals..they have no personality and thus they chose to live lives segmented by faiways and fenses. (SP?)

I knew of alot of great mountain communites...but as stated you better buy now before the price goes up again

brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #43
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Hey Doublet...the original poster already stated he didn't want to live in Vail....if you wanna keep kicking the horse, go ahead. Vail sucks....blah blah blah....nothing good here....blah blah blah

ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote