Old 06-24-2009   #1
timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
A little Twitter Love for Iran

If you're on Twitter, set your location to Tehran & your time zone to GMT +3.30. Iranian security forces are hunting for bloggers using location/timezone searches. The more people at this location, the more of a logjam it creates for forces trying to shut down Iranians' access to the internet. Cut & paste & pass it on.

I'm sure this is something we can all agree on!

yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Bump for a good cause!

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #3
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Yarm - this is absolutely something we all can agree on. And it's not even Friendly Friday. FYI, Nico Pitney has a running live blog of e-mails and Twitter posts on Despite the efforts of the frickin' Mullahs, word (and photos and video) of the brutal repression are getting out to the world.

The theocrats of Iran are doing their "best" to put down this revolt, but demographics are on the side of the Iranian people. It may take awhile, but the theocrats' stranglehold is doomed. They made a "mistake" when they "allowed" women access to higher education. Religious tyranny cannot coexist with an educated population.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #4
timbuktu, Colorado

I know most of you are already aware of this and probably study the revolt going on all day long like I do. This story brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it. Just in case you don't watch news or missed it. This women Neda came to the protest with her father and boyfriend. A government militia member shot her from a roof top. Motherfuckers all need to die.

You do need a YouTube account to see this horrifying killing of an innocent person.
Old 06-24-2009   #5
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Posts: 1,134 is the best source of aggregated news (including tweets from Iran) out there. I've been glued to updates from his sources since the election.

Allah-o Akbar!
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #6
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Bernard-Henri Lévy: The Swan Song of the Islamic Republic
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #7
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
The killing of Neda is seriously fucked up. karma is a bitch. the pussy who shot a women will pay in the eyes of our mother.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #8
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
My, oh my... it looks as if the US gov't and their corporate propaganda mouthpieces are playing the US populace like a fucking finely tuned fiddle... AGAIN.

Who here thinks that there was election fraud in Iran? If so, where is your proof? And, no, the talking head on CNN or Fox don't count as proof just because they repeat it over and over.

I don't know with 100% certainty of whether it was or wasn't... but this article sure does provide a logical and rational explanation about what happened. He also just totally dismantles the so called evidence that the US media provided as "proof" of election fraud.

What a horrible tragedy... so unbelievably sad.

Besides this video informing it's viewer of the brutality that is happening in the streets of Tehran, what else is this video doing to it's viewers?

Is it inciting anything inside of you? Emotions? I believe Yarmony's response, "This story brings tears to my eyes" and "Motherfuckers all need to die," is a perfect example of what it incites inside of you.

Where am I going with this? Remember the stories of Iraqi's taking the babies out of their incubators and leaving them on the floor to die when they invaded Kuwait? It turned out to be a lie. When you heard this story, did it make you want to join the Marines and go kill some motherfuckers?

Remember just recently when GW and Cheney told us about all of the "mushroom cloud" reasons we needed to fear Saddam? It also turned out to be a lie (or for some who still just can't believe this... a "mistake") When you heard this "evidence" and them repeating the phrase, 9/11, over and over and over, did it make you want to join the Marines and go kill some motherfuckers?

I highly recommend watching War Made Easy (free on google vids) to see how easy it is for our leaders to play the US populace's emotions like a fucking finely tuned fiddle to advance their agenda for war.

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #9
timbuktu, Colorado

I'm not of the opinion that anyone in the news media or the government is calling for war with Iran. I'm certainly not for sending our troops into another country. But I have to ask what if anything incites you? How many people need to die, be imprisoned or beaten before you would raise his fist in defense of innocent life and freedom for a country to decide it's own leaders? My guess is never?

I really don't get your point. I read the article by what seemed to me to be a pro Iranian government writer. The author starts out making Iran seem as if it's the most Democratic system on the planet. And by the way there is significant evidence of government tampering. This isn't the only article out there. I would take the time to post more but I see you prefer to read only the nay sayers.

Claims of vote-rigging in Iran backed by British academicsí analysis - Times Online

Later today I have some friends from LA arriving here in Summit County. One of them is of Iranian decent. His parent escaped from Iran during the Revolution. I'll be curious to hear his take on the situation. My guess knowing Hugh, is that he would disagree with you sir. We've talked Iranian politics before and he's certainly no fan of the mullah's.

I support the students and reformist in Iran, certainly not trying to incite a war. Incite outrage at the events going there? Yes, any government force that sends it's troops and plain clothes thugs out on the street to shoot women standing in peaceful protest, are motherfuckers and need to die!
Old 06-25-2009   #10
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
Iran is pretty jacked up right now..

I don't know how many of you on here met or remember the Iranian Junior Women's kayaking coach who came here in 2007 with three of her kids (one of which was her daughter). Well, after she went back to Iran, she was hassled by the IRG Security forces and questioned for weeks on end. Her kids and her were fined for coming to the USA to learn and compete and being fingerprinted by US Border agents.

I stay in contact with her daily, especially since things have turned sour there. Do I believe the election there was rigged? Yes. Does she believe the election was rigged? Without a doubt, yes. Why did they rig it? Because the majority of the population is young, educated, and simply tired of the Mullahs and IRG, IRC, and the Assembly of "Experts" running the show. The IRG control the majority of high-value business sectors and have completely screwed their economy up.

The theocracy that issues edicts on how people must live their lives is out of control, as is the IRG. Think of the IRG as a quasi-legal mafia with unlimited powers.

People there are sick of being the pariahs to the rest of the world. They're no different than we in the USA are. They like and want to be free to choose their paths in life.

"K" lives in a fairly conservative area of Iran, in the City of Eshfahan. Even there, people are over the "Islamic Revolution", they've been over it for many years now. With the exception of the zealots who keep the faith, no one wants the Ayatollahs telling them how to live, eat, breathe, shit, and think. It's as bad as communism in Stalin's USSR.

Marko, you have no real clue about the world. As messed up as GW was, at least he had the balls to do something occasionally about idiots in the world. I am not at all impressed with the way BO has handled it. It reminds me of the way Clinton handled Bosnia.

If you truly believe in the American way and her ideals, then you should absolutely support people who yearn for freedom and do so in a manner that is greater in action than words.

North Korea is in the nuclear club. The have at the very least a handful of bombs. They will use them too, just look at the historical facts of how reactionary they are. If you think Iran does not have those same intentions, think again. This isn't some disaffected lying Iraqi scientist this time. Now ask yourself the question (given the fanatical nature of the Mullahs), would Iran use a nuclear device?

And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote