Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 06-12-2006   #11
Re: not sure

Originally Posted by tjdrys
our focus is winter traffic because as fort collins residents, the only trouble i have ever encountered on I70 was ski traffic related.
That is because you are only driving it in the winter, but if your ideas will take root, it shouldn't be "you" focused, it should be problem focused, and summer traffic is actually worse than winter traffic, albeit more dispersed.
Originally Posted by sj
lobby the resorts and surrounding towns to embrace the Front ranger instead of Dislike them. Lodging packages would get people out spending.
Yeah, those sub-$400 passes and lodging deals I see every week are only there because they hate us. I have a hard time imagining how they could cater to us more.

Some resorts, like Jackson, allow you to park free if you have 3 or more people in your car, and pay if you have more. That might be a decent solution in some places... Also, jennifer has it right, rent a condo for the winter, it's pretty cheap and you only drive up and back once.

sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #12
Sandbagger. There are large contigents of people in Summit County taht think the cheap front range passes have led to over crowding of the Mountain. And driven off the full week vacationers fron Tx and Ill. ect. Vail associates does a good job. The local Chmbers need to step up and embrace not continue to dis the front ranger.

I came of age in Breck and have numeous freinds that own small shops and resturants and over the years some of these people have been on city council. They still have not embraced fully the weekenders. That was my point. sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote