Old 02-10-2006   #41
Totally agree with Ture, it's not skiing, it was a stunt. Evil Knievel would have done it too if you gave him a pair of skiis. Me? Hell no!! Maybe 235, but 245? You crazy.

However, JP is a great skier and a master at hucking monster drops. 245 is just a little goofy. At least we know that now.

howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #42
Send a message via AIM to valdezhucker
who cares about this god bs. this is a snowriding form, not a christian forum.... that being said, there is no need to talk shit if someone didn't land a trick whether it be a 360 off hollywood cliff under chair 4 at vail (i fucked that up once) or dropping a 245 footer in wy. lets give him ups for furthering the sport of skiing. period. he may be crazy or insane or a jesus freak but he is throwing down.

Spain is great but damn am i missing an unreal season.... The countdown till when i move to Vail, Jackson, or Butte has begun...
valdezhucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #43
Golden, Colorado
Regardless of what people think about Jamie's huck, he's not the only psycho out there and he's not going to be the last one to go that high. Here's one of Leo Brayman doing 200+.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #44
Originally Posted by KSC
He went from raging alcoholic calling people p-ssies and getting banned from ski resorts, to being saved by Jesus and living with his wife, kid and dog.
Hmmm... he went from self-destructive abuse to quality family man. For this he credits faith.

And we hate on him for that ?
acting like a rebellious 13-year-old does NOT make you a rebel
SlickRickyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006   #45
Here's a good pic.
B.I.G.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #46
Cortez/Dolores, CO, Colorado
New Photo & Article in the Denver Post
doloresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #47
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Ok, so on a side note, I'm curious. For most people landing on flat water over 100feet is like hiting concrete, waterfalls break the tension, but even then most people aren't going to survive or land without damage. So how does this compare to landing in snow? I've never dropped anything over 10-15 feet into colorado powder, but it still can hurt. How does landing in snow over 50ft, 100ft, 200ft compare?? I mean, is it only these few people who are lucky enough to be able to land this huge stunts, wont it break the rest of us? Come on drop 200 feet and land 6 feet under the snow, other than this case, it that really possible? I dont quite understand the physical logistics to it.
ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006   #48
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Soooo I will just come right out and say it.... I am a pastor. I have had theological training, ordained southern baptist. I used to be a solid class V boater (I ran the linnville gorge with hand paddles, 15mi of class V. I have two children now that I love dearly, plus a really hot wife, so I have mellowed out considerably.)

I used to think that my accomplishments would give me the credibility necessary to communicate the message of Christ but I think I have kind of moved on from this. Yes celebrities and atheletes do have a larger audience but is their method or platform all that effective? I doubt it. I doubt that anybody is going to "come home to Jesus" as a result of JP or all the other atheletes messages. (music and movies speak much mroe clearly as a medium ). The greatest value of JP platform is the dialogue that is going on right now.

I have found that the greatest platform I have is in my actions. I know it is a classic cliche but, "actions speak louder than words". Honestly more often than not I am humbled by the actions of non religous people who seem to have things better together than I do. So just try to push on living an authentic life.

That being said.... JP is a very talented idiot. Honestly i dont think God is nearly as concerned with a big Huck as he is with how this man lives his life (which I am currently in no position to judge). God does not need people to accomplish huge things to give him good press. He needs people to live authentic lives to give him good press.

More harm is done through hipocrisy than good done in huge accomplishments.

To those who call yourselves Christians dont fool yourselves into thinking that your accomplishments are a big deal. lets take a look at our lives.

To those of you who are non-religous, keep humbling me.

So like someone else kind of said lets call the whole deal for what it is: an amazing feat.

Have you ever seen the south park episode when they start a Christian band. That particular episode pretty much defines my position on this.

Bastard.... I like you... you make me laugh.

I hope this is recieved in the spirit I entend.

benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #49
Denver, Colorado
I just hope he inspires more Christians to jump off 200+ foot cliffs. The snakes just aren't generating the numbers I'd like to see.

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #50
super huck

i have more respect for benrodda than the cliff jumping wild man. did he really land on his head? how tough is that? Its creates a much more favorable impression just by being humble and open minded. Christ, Allah, G-d, Krishna, etc.

clevedave is offline   Reply With Quote