Old 10-28-2009   #1
The next zone, .
Winter Buzz Roll Call!

So where are all you buzzards goin to be riding this winter... As in what pass did you get or not get and what will you be ridin on????

I will go ahead and start..

For 09-10 I got another Monarch season pass and the 5 day classic pass for Aspen (Highlands and Snowmass)... I wish I would have went on the road trip and picked up a tensleep pass from Jackson but just did not get that done this fall..

I will be ridin on a Lib Tech 164.5 travis rice c2 btx board at the resort.. For the bc, cat trips, heli trips, and big days at the resorts it is a Lib Tech 1986 snow mullett that is 165 cm. Finally I am lookin at a venture split that a friend is selling and may end up with that stick as well.. (Also I have to put in a plug for the three boards I have for sale in the gear swap - cleanin up the quiver... Take a look I just lowered all the prices and you can get a great stick for $200 - $300)

To get out into the BC I use a 2009 M1000 or for my back up a 2008 Arctic Cat M1000 /153... Yea I know a back up sled is kinda overkill but I put between 2000 and 3000 miles a year on my sleds so in that many miles something will go wrong..

So lets hear from the rest of you!! Where you going to be ridin this winter???

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'll be snowplowing down the flats at Breck as usual, doing the "standing statue" routine. I'm on some old K2s that I picked up second hand for cheap thinking they'd be my rock skis that season and am still on them several years later. I'll be hitting the back country with my old AT gear or if its a mellow day on my retro tele setup. Maybe I'll get the snowboard out if the mood strikes me... I've got the Colo pass with the days at Vile.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #3
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I got my pass to Loveland with 3 free days at Monarch.

I'm stoked it's snowing - I may not have to wait to break out the Shamans.

When it's not a huge pow day I'll be riding my old-ass Burton Motion 151 board with Burton Custom bindings.

I also will most likely hit up the BC a little and try out the Dukes I mounted on my Shamans and my new skins.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #4
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado
Monarch cuz it's close and super cheap for me. They make me a deal I can't refuse. I also usually pick up some comp passes during the year to Breck...etc.

Ridin Salomon 1080 Guns
"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #5
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Picked up a Winter Park/Copper pass, but will more then likely spend most of my time at Winter Park.

Riding a 157.5 GNU Riders Choice BTX with Burton Custom Bindings and Solomon boots. Want to replace the bindings, but need to curb my spending for a bit. I also have a 156 Burton Custom lined up for a Backup/Rock board, and a jacked up 154 M3 Cap in case I ever get the urban itch.
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #6
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
I'm going back to LandOLove this year. Jens, do you get the 3free days just for gettin a pass or is it extra$? Didnt see any advertising for that and was just gonna pick up my pass at the window on the first day. Thats good news.

Hopefully a trip to Jackson maybe the Bird too.

And I'll be wearing a 165 Titan TX by neversummer if you must know. Couple splitboards too. Rad.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #7
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Flow- you get them with the pass - no extra cost or anything required. At least according to their website:
BACK AGAIN IN 2009-2010! - 3 Free Days at Monarch Ski Area!
All season passes include three unrestricted days at Monarch Mountain for the 2009/2010 season. Just present your Loveland Season Pass at Monarch Mountain ticket window to receive your free lift ticket.

Sweet huh!!

Nice board choice.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #8
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
I'll have a 5 day ASC classic pass. The trusty dusty old ski doo for some little annies runs and a bunch of days on the skittles and public magic carpet at Snowmass teaching little B how to ski.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #9
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

.....cb mountain.....easy stuff only......nukin' here right now....anybody want to get their sketch on this winter, come on into town...i'll put you up 10 minutes from the lifts....can usually round up comps(tougher these days but possible)....can you say "steep", i knew you could.....milozadik wishecouldski
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #10
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
So lets hear from the rest of you!! Where you going to be ridin this winter???
Resorts WP-MJ/Copper/6 Days at the Boat passed. Mostly ski at the Jane in the trees and chutes and ocasionally bumps (like them but the beat the back up to much), Sick Days at Steamboat, and steep stuff at copper.

Backcountry; Have a couple of long hut trips freinds, treasure and trying to make another one, trying to get on a ski trip near Golden BC, Berthoud (Starting tomorrow night and Saturday), Cameron and as many Powder Gohst Towns as possible.

I will be skiing on Atomic Tacoras, G# Rapid Transits, G# Al Hombres and my new fully custom 333 skis (135-115-125 Tapered rocker tip with a tapered upturned tail. Check the site out Can't wait to get my...

Bring it on.. Thinking about buying a sled....

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote