Old 10-28-2009   #11
Broomfield, Colorado
Got a Loveland Pass and have four days in already. I'm hoping to be there every saturday a.m. for the rest of the season.

bill-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The Frank family got Copper/WP passes this year. We'll do a little Eldora as well, but it has been so windy up there.

planning to spend some more time in the back country too. Picked up some Gotamas with Barons last year that ski better than anything I've tried.

Got some Dynafits with dynafits for a lighter touring set up. Just made my first turns on these today here in Boulder. Just to check out the gear.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #13
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Got my pass for Sunlight and Aspen classic pass. Just bought a used Venture Divide splitboard to do afterwork laps at Sunlight and hopefully start doing some B/C. Rednek let me know when you come to Aspen so we can hit Highlands.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #14
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Got the 5 mountain. Riding a apocalypse board with bindings and boots that I picked up as hand-me-downs from other boaters.
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #15
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Gotta love the Vail employee pass. 5 Mtns for free. Will be spending most of my time in the XX sidecountry on either a Neversummer SL or Heritage. And just picked up a Voile Split Decision for hitting the goods. Planning on a Utah and Jackson trip and Monarch Cat. Putting off Alaska Heli in liu of an Ecuador paddling trip (hopefully). Stoked for the Season!!
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #16
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Got me an Epic pass so I don't have to work for the man. We'll see about renewing the classic I don't think they have the three day option anymore. I'll be ridin da beave (world class grooming!) unless Vail gets a good cycle. For all that world class grooming got some 89 HELLBENTs 79 maden aks and 79 karmas. also got garmount radiums and dynafit binders for at but not sure wut to stick em on? gotta 95 polaris 440 sks starts second pull. Didn't snow for shit in vail but it sounds like it dumped somewhere? still go too much work to do to enjoy it but hell yeah bring it on. POOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #17
x, x
Paddling Since: x
She means Keystone, admins please change that for her.

Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post
I got my pass to Keystone with 12 free days of self inflicted head bangs on the chair pole.

I'm stoked it's snowing - I may not have to wait to break out the Shamans.

When it's not a huge pow day I'll be riding my old-ass Burton Motion 151 board with Burton Custom bindings.

I also will most likely hit up the BC a little and try out the Dukes I mounted on my Shamans and my new skins.
There, fixed it.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #18
Riding The Mass and Highlands on the CRMS dime. Probably alpine for the first time in 20 years. We will see how that goes.

Poaching the upper lifts when I drop the kids off at ski school at the mass. Definately Tele - Work Stynx the red ones yeah baby, Driving the ten year old taxi cabs, unless I can score some dynafits.

Dawn Patroling by choice all other days. Maybe splitboard, maybe tele, always chilling on the summit with the black capped chickadees as the sun/moonrises. (no noble cause just three kids and a penchant for pain.)

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #19
The next zone, .
Here is a quick winter update from the BV area... I just got back to town and we are gettin hit hard here in south central!!!

3 to 4 feet already up in the hills and here is a pic I took 10 min ago of my deck...

If it keeps snowing at this pace we will have 4 - 5 feet easy in the hills around here and 2+ feet here in town out of this storm!!!

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #20
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'm grinning at 16+ inches of sparkly fluff in our Boulder back yard...absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

I have some old Volkl 724s, but I'll probably leave those on the rack in favor of the Auras I was recently surprised with! They are set up with Marker Duke AT bindings. While I do like to ski aggressively, I don't plan on hucking off any 40 foot cliffs, so if anyone has some Barons they'd like to trade, let me know.

Got the Copper/WP pass with a few Steamboat days. Some backcountry plans as well. A bit of Eldora because it's so close. A couple of hut weekends are reserved already, including one for New Years Eve! Is there any better way to start off a new year than with a beautiful adventure and people you love?

Enjoy a safe season everyone.

Toni Frank
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote