Old 04-01-2011   #71
Fort Collins, CO Summer Paddling Since: 2003
I'm not gonna argue with anyone any more, you guys are all mean spirited! Go ahead and and love your dog all you want but also go watch the movie "Best in Show." It gives a good example of all you neurotic dog lovers out there.

BrownTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #72
Looking at Scooby450's pic

This picture is just another example of a long line of examples how rafters are better then kayakers. Rafters don't have to worry about leaving their dog in the car, they get to go along.

Old 04-01-2011   #73
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
I'm not gonna argue with anyone any more, you guys are all mean spirited!
Quoted for irony
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #74
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by scooby450 View Post
Can' that make you a bitch?JK
Yes it would, if it were true.! Fortunately it's not.

It may be worthy to note that the Lochsa is up to 5', and I am home ripping out our old kitchen floor. Good wifey, good wifey.

The movie, Best in show, is awesome!!! Hilarious! And a parody, on a pet-owning subculture, not the general pet owning population. Quit naming nuts!

And another thing Browntrout. Virtually all canine culture research comes from studying wolves in captivity. They have now found that unrelated wolves living together do not behave like a real pack, which is a group of mostly related animals. It's like putting humans in a concentration camp and thinking you're observing family dynamics. Fortunately dogs aren't wolves, so they merge a lot better with unrelated packs, including human members. The dominance theory (both it's relevance and applicability to training) is heading out the door, as researchers are finding a much more complex interaction between dogs and humans. Most of the time, Hazel is the boss in our house, but there are plenty of times when Lila takes charge. Sometimes the cats cannot be challenged, sometimes they can be chased. What we often consider dominance is usually fear-based aggression. Fortunately, most people don't read information like this (including my post) to learn anything, they are looking to have their beliefs affirmed. So I have no expectation that you will read or believe anything I have to say. If you are interested in the latest publications on canine behavior, I'd be happy to recommend some reading material. It's pretty amazing, what is so obvious once we pay attention has been in front of us for so long, yet discounted by our need to be superior.

Ah, back to ironing the floor.
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #75
I'll say it one last time and try to clarify it more. People assume they know what is going through their dog's head. Do I leave fido at home because it is too hot for him to sit in the car or do I act selfishly because I like the feeling of having a companion with me? Fido likes the car so I will take him along. Ask yourself, especially in college, how many people did you know that had dogs that probably shouldn't of owned a dog but got one because they thought it was the next logical step in maturing and they liked the idea of having a companion that would be there through thick and thin? I knew plenty of these people, the sad thing though was that when they graduated or something else came up, they get rid of there dog because it just didn't fit in their life at the time. I have seen the other case as well where people are responsible owners and didn't feed the dog tasty nuggets from safeway. If you can follow me this far stick with me......
These people, the ones who own dogs for the pleasure it gives them rather than looking out for the well being of the dog as well, are probably the same people you will see with their dog in the car burning up while they enjoy their life. I was trying to point out that people will impose their feeling and emotions on a dog and think they understand the dog when as you point out it is much more complicated than that. I thank you for writing a respectful dissenting opinion. It is much nicer to debate things in an educated way. Much better than the heathen Raft, dip-shit in Idaho and all the others who go straight to comments like "full of shit," rather than research it or disagree in a respectful manner. You would think I just popped their raft with how they react, immediate and with no thought except what they themselves know to be true. I think all I wrote was something to the effect that I think it's funny when people think they know their dogs emotions, they might, but trust me your dog would rather be WITH you, not just a side bag that you carry around cause you think they would rather sit in the car than the house. If dogs have emotions similar to humans then ask yourself this, how would you feel if your mom and dad left you in the car at disneyland, coming to check on you every once in a while making sure your not too hot.
Old 04-01-2011   #76
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Your dog loves being fed it does not have human emotions,
Plus this......
While dogs do possess emotions, they are not as complex as human's. Dogs do however feel the emotions coming from humans. They feel them as an energy radiating from our bodies.
Now onto another debatable topic....
Some mindless crap about raccoons....
.... A raccoon, a wild animal, keeps getting in your trash. Why don't you go out and explain to the raccoon, maybe you could shed a tear or something so it will be able to realize that when they throw trash everywhere it makes you sad. See if the raccoon comes back, I mean if animals have emotions and understand emotions then why can't we make emotional pleas to them to do something or not do something, they just must be very stubborn.
Plus more contradictory psychobabble.......
I'll start over with my point...
People get confused with their dog's so called emotions which leads to
Veiled threats. Passive aggessive, or agressive agressive?? All caps for emphasis......ooohhh.
Then add this......
Dipshit, that public education system in Idaho must be lacking, you know with all the skinheads you have in your state and all, so I am not surprised to hear you say that dogs have emotions that could be quantified by humans.
And this......
Dipshit with the most,
There are skinheads in Idaho and your state has problems with racism. I was connecting the two to your comment. You chose to attack me (i.e. Browntrout is full of shit) without doing any research on the matter. It didn't surprise me that you chose to use such harsh words right off the bat, your surrounded by ignorant people, and you, it seems didn't fall far from the tree.
Means I stand by my original statement.
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
I know it's hard to be wrong in public like this and all. But in the same way I would warn the rest of the crew not to follow if I saw someone going center left in Velvet at 7 feet, I warn others about you. Sorry you took it so bad.

The funny thing is you are still trying to "win" the "debate" instead of realizing that you outed yourself.

Good luck.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #77
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
your surrounded by ignorant people
You realize that your is actually a contraction of you and are right? As in you're....

Or are you being ironically, poetically funny?
Since the most ignorant person I have "surrounded" myself with lately, looks like a genius compared to some of the pearls in this thread.

Oh and about getting all butthurt on the internet cuz someone said you are full of shit - you have a very long row to hoe with that level of sensitivity.
But good luck with that.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #78
castle rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
So Brown Trout now that you have so facts let me ask you this. Where do emtions come from? Maybe the limbic system in the brain? Maybe this is the most Primitive part of the human brain but in all animals? All animals have some kind of emotions that come from the brain and the chemicals the brain makes. The human brain and body have devloped in ways that we are able to express these feelings. All mammals have feelings and emotions. Yes humans are the only ones that can truly express true love in the way that we know it. All mammals have fear, happines, saddnes and anger.
dograft83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #79
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Holy Crap Brown Trout! How does it feel to be so completely owned. Ouch.

To me, it is just self evident that dogs have a emotions. They like some things, they don't like other. They are excited when they see people they know and could care less about people they don't know.
goldcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #80
Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Browntrout knows what is acceptable and is smart?

I did some research...Here is another thread started by Browntrout, This proves our suspicions, he's full of shit. Thanks Goldcamp for pointing out his stupidity.

Browntrout would make a good police officer!

Click here for Browntrout's thread; what-do-you-all-think-

~Bank is offline   Reply With Quote