this might be a better place

craigslist | personals

to post this...

smoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #12
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
That's why I know I am a cat person. They certainly prefer laying around the wood stove in the rays of sunshine beaming in. I don't need to wonder what they are thinking. They don't care if I'm working, skiing, or gone for the weekend. I don't think they meow all day when I'm not there. I MIGHT be wrong, but I KNOW my neighbor is wrong about his dog BECAUSE I CAN HEAR IT ALL DAY!

Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #13
Ridgway, Colorado
As long as she's not shitting in the skin track, or trying to bight my hand while I'm petting her in your car... I don't care what you do with your girlfriend while you ski.
rtsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #14
Evergreen, Co.
Paddling Since: 2000
Was your girl friend hanging out in a Subaru today at Loveland? If so she could not have looked happier.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #15
The Bitterroot, Montana
Originally Posted by smoes View Post
I usually leave my girlfriend in the car too. she cant ski and she doesnt want to be left at home.
Classic.... but seriously all dogs would have a different preferance. I know dawgs that want to stay home and guard the roost. My dog gets more nervious at home, he will pace around or dig holes. In my car he feels like he knows what's up and usually just goes to sleep. Know your dog. I usually don't ride the lifts that often so days he can't come rippin bc with me he is content with a rest day.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #16
Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
The sign on my driveway says never mind the dogs! look out for nice lady with the .357 There are to many animals here to leave them alone for more than 8 hours .The nice lady with the .357 does't ski but shure can have a great meal when ready in my BIG HOUSE when I get home from skiing 25-30 thousand vertical instead of dog watching.It's a great life. My dog days are not ski days
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #17
The Bitterroot, Montana
Congrats, you have a BIG HOUSE and a wife with a small gun. We call that a Montana pee shooter. But seriously dude, its great you have a loving wife to watch your animals while you are out being superradicalcoloradoskisteriotypeguy but not all of us have that. Don't jump to judge so quick. My dog is a rescue with some seperation issues. I also think he may have been beatin in his former life. When I first got him I lived in my truck, he rode everywhere with me and would sleep in the back of my BIG TRUCK with me. I give my dog more exercise than most dog owners I know, probably even you. I don't know of a ski area that the lifts stay open for more than 7 hours. I consider part of being a responsible dog owner being willing to cut my day 2 hours short for my beautiful German Shepherd/Pit X. Shits tracked by 2 anyway and I don't like doing back scratchers off of moguels. Not everyone has your life, your dog, or your "tude" broski.
Old 03-28-2011   #18
Salida, Colorado
No amount of money is worth your free time!
whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #19
Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
To quote Paul Harvy: And now the rest of the story. ( From1990)While patroling We brought in a patiante with a fractured femur.He was skiing by himself and had his dog in the suv.We offered to shuttle his truck down the mountian to his family members(they had no way to do it at that time) The dog was a lab mix and had other thoughts about someone taken that truck,The dog went Montana size guns about it.The dog chewed the seats to shreads!The sheriff was called in. bad seen A family member made the drive up the mountian and was able to control the dog.Anyway thats almost the same thing as what happend this weekend.Ski safe ,raft safe ,you'r dog can't drive the truck! PS montuckyhuch the .357 is just her pee shooter too!
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #20
The Bitterroot, Montana
Ok, well we seem to be on a similar page. I get pissed off at bad dog owners and people who lump all dog owners as bad. I have a dog that looks mean and acts like a kitten. I trained him to be cool with most everything. He would let a stranger in my truck. I just know he likes to be there more than my house. I don't need a guard dog. In fact I think no bark no bite is the only way a dog should act and train accordingly. I understand the concern for ill treated dogs but I don't think all dogs left in cars are the aformentioned. You and your gun wielden wife are welcome to come shred pow, rivers, and shoot high powered weaponry in MT. Any time you please.... for the record I have a short 12 guage, 30-06, 44 carbine and whene I have the money will get a .454 black hawk. Bring the arsinal and let's go shoot shit and boat!