Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 12-28-2008   #1
Golden, Colorado
Why are you hauling ass on blues? Pussies.

Well, another close call at Loveland today with my kid. A skilled skier straight-lining it down a congested blue run. This guy was looking to his side, distracted, and turned around just in time to see us, his eyes opened up the size of saucers and he missed us by inches going about 40 or 50 mph. A fantastic manuever, probably avoided killing my kid by a hair. AWESOME turn, dude!!!

So my question is, why do I see so many decent skiers and boarders hauling ass on blues? When I get a chance to go up and catch a few runs by myself on something that actually takes some skill I never see you faggots up there. Where are you? I haul ASS but I do it on the empty hard stuff that everyone else is apparently avoiding.

If you recognize yourself, maybe think about what you are doing. Going fast on blue runs is pathetic. I understand it when it is some dipshit gaper who you can tell is on the edge of control because they just don't have a clue and they just need someone to yell at them... but what is it with you rippers who like to haul ass on bunny slopes? I'm going to take someone's pass. Watch the news because they'll probably call it a robbery.

When am I going to start seeing you rippers on the blacks? Where are you when I am hauling ass down something with some gradient? Jesus Christ, I'm getting to be an old man and I see MAYBE 2 or 3 guys a day who are keeping my pace on anything with a black diamond on it. What the fuck? Are you all playing too many video games? Don't tell me you are all in the back country. I see way too many people with top-of-the-line gear and skills on the easy runs, I assume they are on their way over to something steep but then they never show. What's up?

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #2
Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I had my pass pulled 20 years ago at Purgatory (Durango) for ripping down an empty blue. In hindsight, the SLOW SKIING AREA signs were there for good reason, as the front of the resort stair steps and there are blind drop offs. There is no excuse for ripping by novice skiers. They barely know where they are going, so there is no way someone coming up on them quickly can totally predict where they are going. Ture, if someone hits your kid, beat them bloody, call the patrol, and plead temp insanity.

ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #3
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
I hear ya ture... I ran the photo operation at purg from 90 to 96 so I spent a shitload of time below the demon headwall shooting pix of texans and okies trying to ski. I cant even count the number of times some idiot came flying off that green-blue, slow ski no jumping zone headwall and nearly hit me. Usually a local kid or at least a pretty good skier. I actually got hit a couple of times and saw a couple of others get it. It got to where I kept a whistle on my pass string and would raise enough hell for the patroll to stop them or at least scare them into not coming back by me.
"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to kevintee
I would definitely not classify what I do as ripping by any means, but I like to board on many of the blues because I hate moguls and many of the steeper runs get severly moguled out or iced up. I can and do frequently ski the black and doubles but most of the time I enjoy cruising blues simply because conditions are usually more conducive to me having fun on my board, and I hate the park so....
University of Denver Kayak Club
Got a boat or gear to get rid of? PM me and donate!
kevintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #5
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to cooldork
dude quit getting butt hurt about us snowboarders "not riding the hard runs". Maybe your just on the wrong blacks, or your on the main runs and all us "rippers" are killin it in the trees. i say bump that to cruizin when there's pow pow to be had. and have you ever flew on a board downhill(maybe even a blue run) its dope, tell your kid to not stop in the middle of a run or just after the crest of a hill. Which I tend to find a lot of young ones doing. oh yea you also are going loveland, which has good runs to be had, but come on, upgrade. "get some, get some"

sorry for your kid almost getting nailed. i mean it does suck, but hell its skiing, you have to take those chances that those idiots out there don't hit you....
cooldork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #6
Indian Hills, Colorado
If you don't like bumps on a snowboard, you're doing it wrong.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #7
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Hmmm. I like cranking out GS turns on blues. I stay on the edges away from the traversing tourons who can't link turns to save their lives. There's a reasonable way to cruise and there's an unreasonable way to cruise. The bonehead who almost nailed you and your kid was being unreasonable.
You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #8
Bozeman, Montana
So almost got hit by the snowmobiler at our resort peice of shit was speeding down a blue and was on the other side of the 100 feet wide trail. i hit this 15 foot cliff and was going to run it out because it was approaching last call. anyways i see him on the opposite side and figured it would be cool for me to hit because he shouldn't be in the way i hit the cliff with speed and blast out past my intended landing. and the mother fucker was stopped in front of me on his ski now on the opposite side of the run stopped directely in front of me. i barely stop and powder the fucker and he has enough balls to call me in with a warning. what a peice of shit. i about knocked the fucker out. it pisses me off i pay to be there and he is paid to be there and he can't slow down and stay clear.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #9
B.F.E., Wyoming
Shit mike that guy is a fucker... you should have just knocked him out right there. Hes always blowin right down the dread liftline powder screwin that shit up.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #10
Bozeman, Montana
thats the fucker luke with his leapard print hair. i about knocked him out. i was thinking about ditching the homo but not enough good snow in the trees and not enough people to crowd his vision. and losing the pass 2 week would suck his testicle.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote