Old 12-21-2008   #21
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Greetings all, I happened onto your thread and am a long time cat and heli skier who lives in Denver. Hope a newcomer is welcome.

I have not skied with El Diablo/Silverton or SJSC from Creede, but have skied with San Juan Powder out of Purgatory and some others over the past 20 years. My thoughts for what they are worth:

Best steeps and altogether best terrain: Irwin if it reopens
Steeps, least frills: Monarch
Best overall experience, but tends to be moderate pitch: Steamboat (great folks)
Very reliable: San Juan Powder
Okay but more limited in terrain options: Chicago Ridge and Vail (I agree, great folks)
Way expensive, limited terrain: Aspen

As for Heli: I think that the Heli operations in BC are the way to go for greater safety and more heli-friendly terrain. Peaks are 8000 ft rather than 14000, much safer flying and a lot more access. And the dollar is stronger again, so you get a built in discount of 20-25%. Huge variety in prices and type of experience though, so choose carefully.

lovemypow is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: Snowcat Op needs Guides. Lead, Tail and Blasters SanJuanSnowcat Winter Buzz 16 01-18-2010 03:08 PM
New Snowcat Operation - San Juan Snowcat thecraw Winter Buzz 8 01-14-2010 10:28 AM
San Juan snowcat tour VS. day at Silverton? Clorox Winter Buzz 12 11-17-2009 10:56 PM
Jingus Operation Swimstar Whitewater Kayaking 0 07-12-2006 09:14 AM
Snowcat skiing @ Monarch $100 a person chixon Whitewater Kayaking 7 12-22-2004 02:44 PM

» Classified Ads
Ski Boot ; Telemark

posted by zrafter

Telemark Boots for back country or downhill skiing. High...

Demo 2016 Jackson 2 Fun

posted by 4CRS

Used 2016 Jackson 2Fun whitewater kayak - lightly used demo...

Pyranha Burn 3 XL

posted by Rendezvous River Sports