Old 01-17-2012   #21
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I ski old (1st edition) Volkl Mantras in 177. I think my warranty Katana's are from China (but they still ski well), in 183. My Dynafit Freeride 10.0 Carbon are 178s. Back in the day K2 used to make their skis in the US so there is a pair of Made'n AKs 189s in the corner. I use Dynafits and Freerides on all my skis. If I had the $ to upgrade, I would get more Dynafit binders. They are the bomb. My next skis will probably be Icelantic.

Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #22
x, x
Paddling Since: x
scott stunt 196. blue jacket, black pants, asking for change and begging for snow.

at least we are getting wind.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #23
Leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
short skis suck
long skis truck

Really though, demo before you buy. This year's BD Zealots are looking pretty nice. I've got the green ones with O1s and really like them.
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #24
Carbondale, Colorado
Atomic Coax 191, marker duke. Mid fat, go anywhere, do anything quiver killer. Adaptive camber provides some early rise for pow, real edge hold for carving. This ski makes me happy.
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #25
Louisville, Colorado
Have 175 K2 side stashes from a few years ago, and a pair of Rossignol Bandits which are my rock skis, both with BD O1tele bindings. Demo skied a pair of Icelantic Oracles earlier in the season, and just picked a pair of 175s last week. Found last years's model for substantially less than this year's- so I pulled the trigger. They are still in the plastic waiting for bindings - I am VERY excited!
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #26
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i have volkl gotamas. they are the only ski that can handle my sheer awesomeness. i cant recommend them for everyone, because the new gotama with rocker sucks. if you can find a pair of the older, non rocker ski, in good condition then I can recommend it. even if it has that hideous 80's top sheet. the gold or white ones are ok, the black ones with gold print or the all black ones are preferable.

dead center mount. its so you can ski backwards in the snow.
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012   #27
Originally Posted by Dave Frank View Post
Bluehouse Maestros. Under 4 bills to your door, but you won't find a demo anywhere that I am aware of.

Cambered under foot with rocker tip and tail. unlike most of its brethren, the tip diminishes which make them way less "hooky".
+1 for the Maestro. These skis do everything well. A little heavy, but I still do some long tours with these. ie. Red Mountain Pass to Silverton Mountain, yoyoing the whole way. Great float, short turn radius for tree skiing. The sidecut profile makes them able to ski long turn radius GS style turns too. Mine are mounted Dynafit, which is no problem. Go get some on the interweb. You can't go wrong.
I peed in your pool. Yayyyyy!
soylent green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012   #28
Calgary, Alberta
I use a wide range... head monsters 78's are my go to ski but in the powder I prefer my lib tech banana magic rockers! I from time to time also ride on rossignol S2'S... and then of course my touring black diamonds! I also have an old pair of head carve 9's that are hilarious to rip around in on groomers!

Inhousewebsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote