Old 03-01-2009   #61
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
To be an Epic- Something has to go wrong. Homers "Odessy" is an example of an Epic. A great trip wrought with obstacles qualifies.

AKATief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #62
Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
Nothing went wrong in the odessey. Just took a while to get home.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #63
"EPIC" - E-very P-rick I-n C-olorado
Izza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009   #64
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I have had tons of great powder days with a few epic runs inbounds.

One was several years ago after the mountain had been shut down for avy control for a day and a half. I had a client to ride with who could rip so we were early up and into the bowls. The combo of 40inches and some wind had filled in the normally bumpy bowls to completely flat, untracked, unbumped, unmarred goodness of light fluffy lightness. It was cold and bluebird too.

We hammered two runs before anyone made it to where we were riding.
Once in a lifetime for sure.

Another one with a client who wanted to carve. I made sure he still wanted to go out on race boards after the 6 inches of super light fluff.
He said sure. What we found out after we got up there was the snow had fallen very early morning on top of perfect groom.
And I don't care that most of you don't think this could be epic - it was.

So we had perfect carveable carpet of pow under with six inches of ultralight on top. For laying snowboard carves you would actually go completely under every time and still have perfect confidence in the edge hold. Absolutely insane gigglefest of carving on that day.

There was the 35 inch day in Jackson too, the 120 inch week in the Butte that was off the hook and a two foot cold smoke day at Crystal that I have ver fond memories of.

Luckier than I deserve. You guys can have your shit show epics with problems and stuff - I will keep looking for unfettered goodness.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009   #65
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
The definition of epic is going to vary if you're talking to a Kansas housewife or one of us and should be respected. Personally the week of waist deep powder under the Vista Bahn last year was epic.
"without love day to day insanity's king"--Hunter/Garcia
tboe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #66
Salida, Colorado

at Sunlight Mtn was epic!

No amount of money is worth your free time!
whip is offline   Reply With Quote

epic snowtalk