Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 10-23-2007   #11
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
Originally Posted by Open Boater View Post

Sorry to see your all wound up over this, enjoy your snowmo and soooo many turns, I am sure your sled is sweet!

You can't tell me that your motiorized industry lobbyists are not winning the right to snowmo, dirt bike, jet ski, power boat, and ATV everywhere, you even mentioned that in your post. After all, there are big lobbist bucks in the business side of motorized travel. I am sure they will win, money usually does.

It is the non-motorized traveler that needs representation, which BSA is providing for everyone's benefit. BSA has the right idea of addressing the issue and being proactive to avoid conflict, I think both motorized and non-motorized travels should appreciate their effort. We all need to compromise, I would hope you agree, but maybe not.

Maybe, "true" wasn't the right word. Regardless, we will probably never see eye to eye on this issue, so doesn't really matter.

Have fun snowmoing and leave a little pow for us poor tele, snow shoe, split board, and AT Skiers who don't motor and may want a little something different then you in our BC experience.
Open Boater, the ares that we ride in get closed off more & more each year, this isn't a one way battle.

Brian, great post, I really do see both sides, but it's not that tough to find good turns, I rode BC mostly for the last ten years till I got a machine & NEVER had a hard time finding fresh.

I think it's good to work together, I spent 1/2 hour giving beta to a skier on friday when I was riding & made sure to leave the best slope for him. Many sledders aren't as considerate, but if people were a little less militant, the few dickhead sledders might not take things to the next level & treat everyone like crap.

see you all in the BC, I'm too busy getting my season started to argue!!

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #12
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
I'm not here to piss anybody off. That said.

Rdnek.. great post. just a great attitude about the greater situation.

I have to say that I agree that every year areas that I ride my snowmo in are feeling the heat from non motorized groups.

I am not a die hard motor head, but do enjoy a day on a dirt bike, being pulled on a lake or creeping over a pass. I also enjoy hiking in secluded areas, on foot or with a splt/snowshoes.

Snomo's are a great way to access way BC areas. I love ridding my snowmo and ridding (snowboarding) in the areas that are accessible from it.

Yea.. I am a club member. Gotta pay for the grooming ya know.

I also try to cut my carbon footprint by ridding my bike, riding the bus, hitchhiking, and telecommuting. That way i don't feel so bad about burning a tank of gas on the weekend.

by the way, I will be making my way to buena vista and empire, so ya'll have to show me around when I come.

Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #13
I kayak DH.
We're riding already up this way Brendo! Head on up
Heading out again tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2007   #14
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
Personally, I advocate a one-time only cage match, us vs you / you vs us, last man standing, to resolve and set Forest service policy for backcountry use for the next 50 years.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #15
Durango, CO
PS: Yes, the previous post is a sarcastic poke at some of the comical attitudes starting to creep into the BC scene around Colorado. Props to the people and groups out there trying to resolve these issues so that we can all enjoy riding and skiing in the backcountry.Peace.
Old 10-25-2007   #16
I kayak DH.
ah, screw that getting along crap,

if someone does something you don't, then you should hate them, it's simple.

btw, anybody up for riding tomorrow?

looking to play a bit & build a boot rack at the hut.
Old 10-25-2007   #17
KT -

You can have the old boot warmer from last years AT / TELE demo tour. I'm retiring her and bringing out V2 for this year.

What hut?

And I am all for sleds, they are so fun to drive into frozen creekbeds.....especially when they are not yours. Then you can practice your real BC skills....like rescue and recovery

Home Sunday night....I'm ref the cage match!!!!!!!
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #18
I kayak DH.
is that an electric one that you're talking about?

would it be able to mount above where the heater is?

btw, tiled the entryway with slate last week!
Old 10-26-2007   #19
The next zone, .
Cage Fight!!!

This did already happen.... Way back when... This is how the story goes...

A packed arena, filled to the brim.... Hank Willliams the 3rd comes on the speakers as the spotlight is moved to the hall way where the Redneck comes out. A big man, in coveralls, boots, and spittin a chaw the size of Alaska... But wait there is more he is followed by a wife, some kids, some more kids.... All with the same flowing bright red flat top mullet!!! Hard to tell if the kids or wife for that matter are female or male but does it relly matter?

Just as the rednecks enter the ring and the crowd calms down the beat of drums can be heard.. Soon more drums and it is clear that a drum circle has just broken out over at the hippie entrance! This goes on for a couple of hours as the drum beats work the main fightin hippie into sometype of super-hippie-dance-rage...

The long wait does not seem to bother the rednecks... They just get good and drunk.

Well the hippie finally stumbledances to the ring in a rancid haze of pacholi and pot smoke. As the hippie and the redneck make it to the middle and meet face to face... The Ref lets everyone know..

Keep it fair boys.. No steel toe boots, beer bottles, or angry bitein kids... No using the dreads, drum stix, or wait what the hell is that smell.. Hippie get your ass a shower before this starts!!!

Cool for the rednecks they just drink more as the hippie gets a shower...

After the shower they are ready to go.. Face to face again!!!

The redneck somewhat blasted by now has that confused and not sure what to be angry at but sure he is angry look on his face. The hippie seems to be looking at the one kid who's parents got him the spinny light stick.. Well the bell rings and Wait.....

Some dude named Brian is talkin with the ref.. Shit looks like this will go on for awhile.. The rednecks send the kids out for a beer run and the hippies move back to smokin at the drum circle...

Well after a long discussion of a couple of days most of the rednecks in the crowd leave due to work startin and the hippies are still there because most of them dont work anyway.

Soon a light at the end of the tunnel!! The decision is made that since all the rednecks left drunk that the hippies get 5 MILLION ACRES OF wilderness to access with No Rednecks!!!!!!

Wow!! This will resolve the problem!!

Now the problem is solved right?
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #20
Durango, CO
We can tentatively schedule the "cage match" as the evening entertainment for a, say, mid May corn camp at Animas Forks. Plenty of room for skiers and sledders alike. Nothing like alcohol fueled, testosterone driven acts of conquest. Last time I did this ( at Westy ) I woke up with a nasty hangover and bruises on top of bruises. Brutal. Could be fun. For all the marbles. Onward to victory!