Jay, you are not supposed to burn your ski wax; turn down the iron (you're using a waxing iron, right, not a clothes iron from the thrift shop?
. I'm all in favor of less-toxic waxes though.
A more economical approach is to hand-rub wax on your bases. Its not as high performance, but you don't scrape off 3/4 of the wax right off the bat, either. Your wax goes alot further, and no fumes at all.
This is a little OT, but it amazes me in this day and age, when I go into a climbing shop that does not have a ventilated rope/webbing cutter. Those fumes from melting/burning the ends of climbing webbing are seriously TOXIC, I'm sure they are way worse than ski wax. Dripping Ptex into your skis gives off similarly toxic burning plastic fumes, especially when the ptex candle goes out. Do not do that in your apt!! Go outside, or have a shop do it (they have guns that don't smoke). As a former firefighter, I know that avoiding the fumes of burning plastic is basic survival 101 for a firefighter. You don't breathe burning plastic (or nylon/perlon) fumes if you want to live long.
There are some good topics for study.
Another annoying source of pollution at ski areas is the two stroke snowmobiles that the lifties roar by on. Please go with 4 strokes. How about a paper on that one? How about some kind of cost/benefit analysis that would help justify buying 4 stroke snowmobiles. With "statistics". ha ha
BTW, "assess" is not spelled "asses"