Old 01-26-2007   #11
i know i heard a lot of crap about killington, the problem is that im going in president week and everything is so $$$ and the cheap hotels are all taken, its incredible. I got an acceptable hotel there and thats why decided there, but I keep my eye open for better hotels near other ski areas

fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #12
Originally Posted by phlyingfish
Sorry to hear you are planning on Killington. You'll know what I mean soon enough. Head up to Sugarbush if you can, at least they haven't dynamited their mountain into mediocrity.
I took your word for it and found a nice hotel for less in Burlington, VT now i ave access to 6 different ski resorts near by, now I am trying to decide on which ones to go for. Thanks

Old 02-05-2007   #13
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Good call dude. Burlington is a good choice becuase you have options. Plus, Killington is just retarded on President's Day Weekend. You'll be left wondering whether you are paying to ski or wait in line with a bunch of rear-entry suckas from NYC. In Burlington, you won't necessarilly be able to do apres-ski on the hill, but the bar scene up there makes up for it (Red Square is a favorite). Plus your non-skiing buds will have plenty to do. Go to Stowe if you must, Sugarbush if you want, and Jay because you have to. I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but riding in the East does not get better than Jay Peak. Well except for a prime day up at Tucky's, but that is it.

If there is snow in the trees, I highly recommend doing the "Dip" at Jay. Enter the Timbuktu woods, stay high on the track, head out past the boundary. If you drop straight off from the track or to skiers left a little you will end up at a road that will allow you to hitch back to the resort. Don't stray too far to skiers right in there, you'll end up in a basin off the road.
"A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes writing for the majority in New Jersey v. New York
phlyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #14
Originally Posted by thedude1683
There is NO SNOW... but if you want to get it when it comes in, and you want the good terrain, you gotta go north. Stowe, VT or Jay Peak, VT.
No Snow???

60 inches fell in the last 48 hours in Jay peak, 48 inches at Stowe, the week before I fly and with snow showers predicted until next Thursdays conditions look great for my trip. I guess its all about luck. I hope i get the same luck with Tahoe.
Old 02-26-2007   #15
Well everything went great, visited sugarbush, Jay peak and Smuggs, conditions where incredible for the east, very few icy patches and lost of powder to be found. We had a great time the bad part was that on the way to jersey had to drive for 6 hours in a almost blizard conditons, after ridding all day that was a beater. But still one of the best ridding trip ever. Thanks for the help, for those of you who helped. And for those of you who claimed there was nothing in the east, all I have to say is that the resort might be small compared to the west, but for a day worth of ridding in each theres more than plenty of terrain to cover, and some amazing views, the state of Vermont is incredible and The city of Burlington is the place to be at. Some of the best riding ever of course the conditions helped a lot for this. ONe thing to note, JAY PEAK is very very very cold, never rode in a place so cold and windy in my life.

Take care