Old 11-18-2005   #11
bum, Colorado
Good fun

Well, you've made my boring day sitting at my desk a little better.

Here's my 2 cents,

I've been skiing for a while, both tele and alpine, I live in a resort town, so I get to ski everyday in the winter, great job for skiing. I've beenliveing the life for about 10 years.

The more I ski the mank in the BC, the more I enjoy alpining. We all know what I'm talking about. Don't care how "good" you are.

I still tele early season, because it makes ya thougher, but when the conditions get serious, I chose my freerides.

Have a good season ya'll,

ntibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #12
ski/kayak bum

I used to like you....

P.S. how many snowboarders does it take to ride a single good line?

ten, one to ride and the other nine to sit on their asses and watch.....

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #13
bum, Colorado
oh mpearson, you hurt my fealings accusing me of skiing inability. By the way, why are standing in lift lines when some of the best BC is north of you on Cameron Pass. Anybody can tele a ski area, where the conditions are consistant. Maybe you should come and ride the new 6 person gaper lift at the jane.

I "tele'd" Berthoud all weekend and it was sick, best of all, nobody got caught in a slide.
ntibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #14
Also up near BP, in the drainages. No lift lines. Freshies all day, with some good easy breakable crust to keep it honest. Tele-ing at resorts is for stamina, leg burn, or good steeps. Hardpack licks. Might as well live in the east.
Salto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #15
Fort Collins, Colorado
I was also up at Berthod the last 2 weekends. I own both tele and AT gear and used both in the last two weekends. It all depends on what skis you have, use the ones that will float better in powder. If that is your AT gear you can get Alpine Trekkers so you can skin up and dont boot pack the snow.
teleboater5.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #16
Sorry ntibbs,

Just srewing with uh!! Now I'm the a-hole, damn it. I've been up to Cameron eariler this year before the last big dump. Salto you forgot the 60mph winds and ice slicks. Also Don't expect the sun till march. Know once I read about the lodge comment - it wasn't about you it's about the laguna Beach wannabes who ARE ALWAYS IN THE WAY!! That hurt calling me a gaper. Anyway back to my orignal point - ride the way that is comfortable for you. Have fun , enjoy the freedom of the BC before some politican, who doesn't understands that idea, take's it away from us. Stay save in the BC and hopefully you'll never have to dig me out.

My daddy told me to never trust a politican that parts his hair down the middle.

MPEARSON is offline   Reply With Quote