Mountain Buzz banner

Snowmoboarding / Sled skiing

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jahve 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many of you buzzards are gettin out on the sleds for some snowmoboard action?? Well once we get some snow - I guess we can talk on the buzz here until we get some snow.

What gear are you guys using as in sleds, avy gear, board racks, skins, packs, ski's (ski boots what works for you skiiers), split boards, pull behind trailers ect..

Also who is accessing what from where?

This year I have bit more and less time to spend in the BC but have gotten out 15ish days of personal play so far around here. Needless to day the snow is less than perfect but pockets of great snow can be found if you know where to look. The wood/Monarch/Area 3 are all very close to good and with one big snow our terrain will start to be there.

So who else will be using their sled to get to the goodness? Well once we get some snow ;).

#3 ·
Neck,
I like snowmoboarding, tried splitboarding recently. It is much better than snowshoes and the silverton area has lots of terrain that you have to walk to. I think owning a split is practical for some terrain. However, skinning up the mtn is a lot of work and you only get like one or two great runs. When I get my sled (after I figure out how to pay rent etc.) I will probe a lot more areas and figure out best ways to shuttle lines, you know how we do. Not sure if you know but the cock and the wood are great places to have in your area. Some buddies and I have shredded some great lines around there getting like 10-12+ different lines in one day..... I love snowmoboarding! Stick with it, eventually you will find out where to go and how to get there. It helps to actually be able to ride your sled its not enough to just have one. So keep practicing you will figure it out!! Ha Ha

#5 ·
Nice kev! Also so you know I got a bearcat with your name on it ;)..

How bout this old one - "that was kinda big" - yea good times.

Soon man it will snow - until then we will have to live victoriously through old pics!

TMH this Feb? March?

#6 ·
Hey Neck,
I am pulling twith an old 2003 Skidoo 800. I bought it last winter and had one of my best days skiing with freinds at VP. I have aslo skied Jones quit a bit and pulled into the other drainages around the area to put the skins on.

Ski (AT) boots work fine for me, I use an old pair of Snowboard boots when slednecking... All the esentials for avy gear (good ole tracker) , Avalung, thought about bying a Avy Pack but i am not sure what that would do to my risk level. I pull with a rope that ties into tubes that deadman to the person if they wreck( think I got it off Dawson's site. Also got the rack set up from the net which is just a couple of cross bars that I use straps to hold skis horizontally off of the back. I think I am going to get a gun rack and attach it to reduce the bouncing...

I am moving to Summit soonish and I will PM you to see if you want to meet up and get after it sometime.

Ian

#11 ·
Great stoke vids eagle! Thanks for sharing.

The BC season is just gettin started. A bit late this year but as we still have the best 10 weeks of the BC season to go I am glad we are finally gettin in some good lines here in South Central Co.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.