Old 01-07-2009   #21
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
What does not make sense is how does a full grown adult fall thru a open area, but a small 8 year old does not? The kid looks like he is sitting just fine. If he was in danger of falling, the mountain personal would of been helping him too.

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #22
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
I agree, a chubby dude hanging upside airing out his man-parts is pretty hilarious and REALLY easy to poke some fun at, I'm still laughing. Granted I wasn't there and didn't see all specifics, But I would say that the true dumb shits/gapers here are the lifties. I'm not saying it's an easy job, but a flipped up seat is a pretty huge oversight of one of the only responsibilities that that lift crew had that day.
I'd like to think I could have lauged it off or pulled some Jackie Chan shit and done a sit up and gotten myself back on the chair. But, in the current world of frivolous lawsuits I'd say this guys argument is more legit than most. Someone elses mistake put him in a potentially life threatening and humiliating situation. And if he gets a hand into Vail Resorts' multi-million dollar sugar bowl, more power to him.
And by the way, Whitlightning, did your buddy get some money out of his shots? Pretty impressive coverage of his shots.

Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #23
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
It's getting better.... the adventure life | UPDATE: Shooter of Chairlift ‘Un-Veiling’ is Canned by Resort
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #24
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
At least someone posted some more pictures, I was getting tired of seeing that guys ass on the front page.
Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #25
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Give me a friggen break......"when he files his lawsuit" it's absolute. Most likely it is, and sorry, but that's whats wrong with the whole scenario. People make mistakes. Agreed, a lifties job is not THAT demanding, but everything worked out okay.

If that were my white ass hanging from a chair, I'd have one helluva funny story (and pics) to share with friends and family for the rest of my life.

Oh, I'm sure he'll try to dip his hands deep into Vail & Associates pockets....and it seems like people think that's okay since the corporation is fairly robust.

"Someone made a mistake, where's my compensation for the trauma".........

A funny story would suffice for me.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #26
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1066
I'm callin you out. I think any self respecting river bum would take all they can get, but a raft, RV and beer and go on tour.
randomnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #27
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
hahaha......alright, maybe I'd try to negotiate a season pass out of the ordeal, but I definitely wouldn't sue.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #28
Somewhere on, Earth
Don't the resorts have some sort of disclaimer that limits their liability for things like this? If this ends up in a lawsuit, it's just plain sad and typical of the problems we have in a lawsuit happy culture. If anything the guy should feel glad to give tons of people a good laugh and be thankful that he is not hurt. If he is embarrassed about his manhood, he can just blame it on being cold!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #29
If this guy really wants to make some $ out of this, he should exploit his new international celebrity status. He should hire an agent and hit the talk show circuit. He has the potential to make a lot of money out of this in ways other than suing.
Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #30
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Originally Posted by FLOWTORCH View Post
Boo Vail. Vail suspends the guy for taking the photos even though he was off duty and using his own camera. Not cool.

Naked guy has a choice: He can be the butt (ha ha) of people's jokes all around the world and be known as the loser gaper that sued Vail or he can laugh alongside everybody, go on the talk show tour and have fun with it. If he really wants to milk it he can go on the talk shows, dog Obama, and get a reporting job for Fox News.

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote