Old 12-05-2011   #11
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
if you plan on doing cooper I would suggest to head up friday evening, stay fri and sat nights. Than head back down before 1pm so you can hit up Q4U in frisco, get some awesome bbq and beat the traffic.

g.soutiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #12
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
You might think about getting them "Gems" cards while they are here. $10 gets them a free day at Ski Cooper, as well as discount deals at all the areas that would be suitable for them, Eldora, Cooper, Loveland, Monarch, Echo....

Shop Colorado

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #13
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
FWIW. Skip Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs. When they are busy the quality is crap, IMO, and not that great even if its slow.
Try the Mountain Buzz Cafe in Georgetown. Fresh dough that is made daily tossed when you order, fresh ingredients and lots of them, beer or cocktails, ski movies on the TV. Its cheaper than BJ's too.
Owned by a Buzzard. Support the small local business!
Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #14
. Thanks all. I should have specified they truly only have one day to ski. I know.... All that day to ski one day.
Thanks for all the info. Gonna have them wait till the day before they go to pick a place. Eldora will be close and easy. Make sure the winds will be light. Loveland sure is convenient if they decide to do the I 70 shuffle.
Thanks also for the tip on beers and food.
And Ski Cooper sounds better than I remember it! Gotta say your right..... That would be just about perfect for beginners. Just far for 1 day.

Again thanks. Gotta say this group is awesome for this kind of stuff.

All we need now is some freaking snow.
nemi west is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #15
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
its been 15+ years since I've been to beau jo's. (I think it was more fun pissing off the tourons, walking right in at 15-20 years old.) I have not delt with 70 traffic in about as long. when i lived in the shitty I would be at the mountain 45 min- hour before the lifts opened, and was on the road by 2pm so I could snag Q4U and miss the traffic. Glad I have not had to deal with any ski traffic in 7 years. Eldora is a good bump if it isn't windy, the advanced can hit the backside for a few and meet back up pritty quick. neopolitans in nederland has good itialian.
p.s. thanks powdahound for the info, I always try to buy localy and from the little guy.

g.soutiere is offline   Reply With Quote