Mountain Buzz banner

Silverton Hotel Suggestions???

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  leesonka 
#1 ·
Heading to Silverton this weekend for skiing. Anyone have suggestions on where to stay? Seems like there are a few hotels in town. Would staying in Ouray/Durango be a good idea?

Thanks!
Drew

#7 ·
We stayed at both the Grand Imperial and the Triangle Hotel with a group of 4. Grand Imperial was cheaper ($60) for two beds and a shower in a single room. But the Triangle was a better value I thought. Two seperate rooms, and a kitchen and living room area for $100. The extra $40 was worth having the option to cook our own dinner, since the dining options in Silverton aren't always the greatest. We were there for New Years Eve, and it was definitely a hard drinking town. The mountain is sick... I would not stay in Ouray...except maybe on the way out of town since they have nice vapor caves and springs in a bunch of hotels.

#11 ·
Go with the Triangle - I was down there for opening weekend this season and got a room with a queen bed for $55 a night. The next two nights I stayed in Durango and Pagosa Springs, and as far as quality and value go - the Triangle beat what I found in both.

#12 ·
Triangle it is!

Thanks for all the help...booked a suite at the Triangle.

Next big question is where to drink after skiing...any suggestions on that?

I'll be down there with a group of 6 skiing Sat/Sun. (1-17 and 1-18). If anyone else is heading down and wants to hook up in a group to ski give me a shout.

Drew
97069294eighteight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.