Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 11-03-2009   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
"Also no you cant ride this basin unless you are with the silverton heli guys."

Not too sure on that... It looks to be right below storm peak, at the base of "The Grande" at Silverton Mountain, look at 2:23 on the video.

Ricky NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #12
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Check out the build video here. It was built by bombing the avalanche shoots. Pretty interesting stuff.

tmaggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #13
x, x
Paddling Since: x
I must say, all the work and tech info on the pipe is kind of cool, but what is everyone jelous about? It is 1 kid in the half pipe. Thats not even fun, half pipe. In Silverton of all fuckin places. They should move that venture to keystone. That shit is laughable man.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #14
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think thats the lamest thing i've ever seen on so many different levels. one thing kayaking has on skiing/snowboarding is that the top athletes have humility and class, it must have to do w/ the humbling nature of boating. i will never buy a red bull again. some one should kick that guys ass!
Totally lame, I agree. Kayaking and canoeing top athletes have no where near the support, media, fans, and money behind them, thank god, otherwise we would have Shawn Whites to deal with in our sport too.
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #15
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
I think Mania is trolling just to show off his avatar.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #16
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Yeah my thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by JDHOG72 View Post
If I had that helicopter, I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time in that half pipe with all the sickness of Silverton around me....well maybe I would hit in on my way back to the heli pickup.
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #17
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
silverton 2 years ago = unique, badass, hardcore, unconventional, humble
silverton now = bill-board, playground for the famous, sold-out!
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #18
The next zone, .
When I first the pics last year my first idea was that it would be sweeeet to load up the sleds and get pics of a crew in there poachin that spot... Just to poke some fun at the whole deal....

I asked the folks that I know who live in silverton - they said that it would be very hard even with sleds and that the heli guys ski, do avy work, and keep a eye on that terrain. I dont know the line where and where you cant ride up there and with the other bc terrain around silverton there is no need to even push ridin the sleds up that basin - unless you were lookin at gettin on that pipe....

As far as settin up the pipe in silverton well if he puts it any where near the I-70 or the front range mess it well lets say it would not have worked.. A athlete of his caliber does not need little johnny and sally dropin in on him - just not safe for anyone.. So it has to be private!!

It would not work in many places in Utah or the up in North West... No way cali would have worked.. Kinda would have been funny to set it up in Canada (BC) so that he could train for the olympics on canadian soil... Maybe somewhere in wyo, montana or idaho could have worked..

Think of all the tax payer money that goes into training olympic athletes.. Shawn did this with money out of his own and red bulls pocket!!

What I am sayin is that I think he picked just about the perfect spot for what he needed and hopefully is rewarded with a gold metal for his efforts!!! I can alredy hear the chant - USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Also casey my buddies are sure gettin a kick out of me being a gun carring tattle tale little girl... Thanks for the laugh but I will leave the tattle tale role to the hippies who blow a dread or two if they even see a crew unloading sleds... They seem to be more suited to it anyway ....
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #19
H2 Hoes
Kayak, Colorado
you dont need a helicopter to get there
West Slope
hartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #20
FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
three big cats got in there. Drove in there.
Sounds like the pipe snow quality is high. Too bad they can't bring that to the competition.
the big marketing machine at its current finest... This is super cool but not for you. Not yours. Can't have it. But here, drink this gawd awful stuff. Corn syrup and caffeine, yum. Watch what this dude can do. Have another.

sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote