Old 10-05-2006   #1
, Colorado
Season Passes...

I don't have much money, so I'm thinking of getting either the basin only pass ($229) or the copper only pass ($269). I've had the basin pass for the past several years, love the mountain when there's fresh snow, the beaves are great, but the days in between when all the stashes are tracked out kind of suck. Not a lot of options on the small mountain. Copper is bigger, so more options and a better park, but that also means more gapers to deal with. Plus A-basin is giving a 1 day ticket to Silverton with every season pass this year, which would be damn nice. I'm not shelling out $400 for the CO pass, because after the 10 days at vail I'd just be riding a-basin anyways. So between basin and copper, which would you go with?

IkayakNboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #2
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
You should get the 2 for 1 copper pass for 180.

GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #3
Indian Hills, Colorado
Monarch is doing a season pass for $279, with one day at silverton unguided and three days at the butte. Seems like a good deal to me, especially since it's off the I-70 clusterfuk. Good luck. Hope to see you on the hill this winter.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #4
Coffee Grinder
Mang that is a tough one! Copper has so much more terrain, but you have to ride the parking lot bus and the lifts can get jammed. Basin is open longer and is mucho fun to get drunk in the parking lot with other like-minded peoples.

As far as the 2-for-1 deal goes, you have to both be college students and open a savings account with $100 at Wells Fargo (also known as Satan’s bank where they will financially sodomize you). Once you get your pass you can withdraw all your money and close the account though.

If you want to stay on the cheap side and can’t get the 2-fer-1 deal then I would get the Basin ticket. Then if Basin is tracked out you can always dick around on the pass. And if you want to get some park action, just jump down to Keystone and clip a ticket for some night riding. At 4pm it is never hard to snag a ticket there. In fact why buy a pass at all? Just go after 11am and clip away.

/wait what I meant to say is clipping is bad, very bad
Clorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #5
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
If anyone is looking to split the 2 for 1 PM me... I'm in my last quarter of grad school and might as well take advantage... From what I've heard they don't check too closely on the 'student' part of the deal, all they really care about the account w/WF, but you can close that after you get the deal. Just need to go together to get it. My math would make it $134.50 each, not $180.

lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #6
Coffee Grinder
lmaciag I got the WF thing last year. First you can't have an existing account with them. They will have you open one account with a $100, then you get a two for one voucher. WF won't check your student status.

You take the voucher and your student buddy to the pass sales location. It is there that they will ask for your student IDs. Once you get your pass you go back to WF and close the account.

It's a good deal, and worth the hassle.
Clorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #7
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
A-basin. Copper is just getting worse and worse every year. I had a 4pak there last year and the one day i went was bad enough to convince me not to go back. It was insane. I made the mistake of going to the park. The hardest part about it wasn't the kickers or rails, it was the gaper dodging. Triple black diamond shit. It was like riding Keystone on their 36hr festival(or whatever its called). One ribbon of death for an entire parking lot full of bro's. A-basin is tits. No gapers, hardly any bro's, You can find a parking spot...sometimes. This is the first year i'm sayin F U to keystone,breck,vail,beav, copper. I'm not gonna miss standing in line with tourists anymo. Wish i was closer to Monarch.
A-basin, bitches!! Its the only mtn worth a damn.

Or you could do what i plan on doing more of.....roadtrippin to the Bird and the hole!!!!!!!!!
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #8
I prefer Copper, especially as a boarder. It has tons and tons of stashes, and is super easy to move around. Avoidling the crowds is easier than most of the other mtns, and you get so much terrain. The hike-to options are great as well.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #9
Indian Hills

No tunnel, No passes to cross, few gapers, back country accessible. nuf said.
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #10
Indian Hills, Colorado
How have the Basin lift lines been recently. I haven't skiied there for four years or more and remember looong ass lines on everything but Pali for much of the year. Oh, sweet, sweet pali, nectar of the gods, how I miss you.

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote